paranormal hearse

Just spotted this intriguing looking hearse parked in Melbourne Grove advertising paranormal investigations. Anyone know anything about this? Is it more of an events company or is it deadly serious (excuse the pun)?

As an aside, it's parked opposite two houses that are up for sale. If you were a prospective purchaser would this put you off? I don't think I'd care one way or the other, but interested to know what the forum thinks.

So would I. A google search does not really bring anything up about this company (apart from a similar one in Scotland that does not seem to be linked)

Strange it has no contact details on as far as the photo shows.

Maybe for TV?

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dunno about the scottish company not being linked

The Scottish company called PARADOX PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION LTD was dissolved in July 2011. It has passed over. It is no more.

Philip Wray was listed as director.

> photos appear to show exact same car and logo

paradox-paranormal.co.uk is registered to an unnamed individual who says they are non-trading.

The website mentions Philip Wray as one of the team members and doesn't seem to show any updating or activity beyond 2010.

• 9 months later...
After 10 months, yep 10 months parked opposite my house, not moving (not even to do the odd paranormal investigation), the hearse has finally moved on to a better place. I have heard a rumour it might only have passed on to Playfield Crescent.

This is so disappointing - I have been reading a book about London folklore, which is mainly about ghosts (or rather, stories of supposed ghosts) and when I saw the thread title I thought it was the hearse itself which was a phantom hearse :))

• 7 months later...
The mystery hearse is still in Playfield Crescent. It was spirited away for a few days when the road was resurfaced, but then magically reappeared with a renewed 6 month tax disc. And there it sits, day after day, unmoved, rust patches growing, tyres going soft. It is indeed one of East Dulwich's greatest unsolved conundrums. (And no doubt a real pain for the people in front of whose house it is parked.)

• 11 months later...

I dont know where its gone, but im anxious every time I turn round the corner of Playfield just in case it comes back!

As a Playfield resident I am SO GLAD its gone now... we have had the joy of it parked without moving EVER from outside our houses for nearly 2 years now. Well, it did move a few meters down the road for the last 6 months of its stationary tax disc life.

I hope it hasn't gone on a Paranormal Investigation just to return at a later date..... that would be a TRUE HORROR.