Getting to know you

KalamityKel

I was quoted, by name (my real name), in an erotic French novel several years ago. It was one of those books where there was a famous quote at the start of each chapter, only this chapter was quoting me. (I had met the author some time earlier and that line happened to come up in conversation.) One of these days I'm hoping to meet somebody who read it, but I'm not holding out much hope.

i've got the toes too. It also means you have high telepathic potential- probably why we are such hot lovers...talking of which...what's the book Muttley?

and I was on Blue Peter once

and once I was on a cruise ship that got hit by an oil tanker and sank. so I was on it when it sank.

mightyroar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what's the book Muttley?

>

If I told you that I would be unmasked! The book is French but the 'quotation' attributed to me is in English. I flicked through the book, dictionary in hand, and er, sort of got the gist. A few words weren't in my dictionary.

atila the gooner Wrote:

> I saw Bob Marley & Johnny Nash perform at my

> school (Peckham Manor School for boys) in 70 or 71

> ( can't remember which) before anyone knew who he

> was. And I got Bob's autograph. Well pleased. I'm

> also a vinyl record dealer and collector (since

> 1970) in my spare time.

Muhammed Ali came to my school (Tulse Hill School for Boys) in '74 but I'd walked out a few weeks earlier and told them to stick it up their arse, so unfortunately I missed him. But one of my friends got to spa with him on the school stage and it was in all the papers at the time.

I got run over back a camel last December! I kid not. Therese came to visit us as part of our fund raising gala and decided rather than doing what her keepers wanted her to do she would head for me in a great galop... I ended up being squashed against the wall and she flattened my lanterns :( *sighs* The smell of camel lasts on your person for a good few hours!

Jah Lush Wrote:

> atila the gooner Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Muhammed Ali came to my school (Tulse Hill School

> for Boys) in '74 but I'd walked out a few weeks

> earlier and told them to stick it up their arse,

> so unfortunately I missed him. But one of my

> friends got to spa with him on the school stage

> and it was in all the papers at the time.

This is one guy I would love to have met/meet. He was for me, and still is, the embodiment of some of the finer human qualities. I'm still full of respect for the fact that when he refused the draft for Vietnam, he said something like " No Vietcong ever called me nigger" A man at the top of his game refused to give up his ideals. Not many people who inhabit our f**ked up planet can say that. Respect to the man that is Ali.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> I know two people who have had scarlet fever. One

> was a little boy, two years ago and my own

> daughter about eight years ago. I think someone

> has misled you.

>

> But the TE Lawrence/Alvin Stardust things are hard

> to top!

That was what the doctor told my mother at the time - perhaps it's made a reappearance, after all we had nearly eradicated TB in this country until the past few years.

Scarlet Fever - I had it in Belfast, 1983. Massively high temperature and my parents were bricking it. Locum GP told them just to use a cold wet flannel to cool me down. Proper GP was horrified.

I can't bend the thumb on my right hand due to a bone spur/fused thing.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:**

Paperboy, Barman, Market Researcher, HR Manager

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:**

The Usual Suspects, Seven, Shawshank redemption, The Princess Bride

C) Four places I have lived:*

East Dulwich, Clapham, Balham, Streatham Hill

D) Four television shows I watch:**

Sopranos, Smallville, Fraiser, Match of the Day

E ) Last Four places I have been on holiday:**

Chicago, Prague, Rome, Amsterdam

F) Websites I visit daily:**

EDF, BBC, Lloyds TSB Online, IMDB

G) Four of my favourite foods:**

Chicken, Steak, Mushrooms, Mussels

H) Four places I would rather be right now:**

On holiday, In the pub, Shopping, La Gavroche!

Thats all your getting out of me;-)