Support our own East Dulwich tree sellers

Cade Nurseries on Saturday in Northcross Road have pot grown trees of all sizes. And deserve our support since they are there all year round and since we lost both garden centres, are the only local source of plants for the garden.

Mcallum32 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Today, we bought our tree from Tree Amigos. Nice

> guys that are running it. They had a great

> selection of good quality trees, and the one we

> bought was ?15 cheaper than what we paid for a

> tree last year. What a shame they won't be coming

> back next year.

Guess some things are all about the money to some people.

When you don?t have an awful lot of available money and Christmas is just around the corner, then yes it is all about the money. Unfortunately (for me) it has to be and I?m not ashamed to admit it. They?ll be lots of families in ED and Peckham who will think the same. I support lots of local businesses. At the end of that day, I don?t need to justify my my choices. As I said in my previous post, the guys running Tree Amigos seem nice and I was glad to give them my business.

Mcallum32 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When you don?t have an awful lot of available

> money and Christmas is just around the corner,

> then yes it is all about the money. Unfortunately

> (for me) it has to be and I?m not ashamed to admit

> it. They?ll be lots of families in ED and Peckham

> who will think the same. I support lots of local

> businesses. At the end of that day, I don?t need

> to justify my my choices. As I said in my previous

> post, the guys running Tree Amigos seem nice and I

> was glad to give them my business.

Well said

Thank You James McAsh for sorting this.

As someone who's front door literally opens to the wonderful (not) sight of the fenced-off area taken up by the Tree Amigos, I cannot understand how Southwark Council could have made such a poor decision.

Goose Green provides a vital recreational amenity for those that live within walking distance of it. Both dog-owners and the children who regularly play in Goose Green have to live with reduced amenities due to this commercial enterprise eating up into what is a social space.

Goose Green has a much smaller footprint than either Peckham Rye or Dulwich Park - why were the Tree Amigos not put up there, for instance? Oh let me see - better visibility and free advertising of course! Silly me.

Please Southwark Council - we pay our taxes - so do not flog off our amenities so thoughtlessly in the future.

Well said, somebody should be held accountable no one from Southwark Council

Have said why tree amigos have been allowed to run large diesel generators

On such a small area when they made a big point about putting a screen around

The play park just yards away because of diesel cars at the traffic lights

this is all pretty negative, although i agree with the general idea of shopping locally for christmas trees. Tree Amigos isn't really that different perhaps to some of the pop ups outside the EDT, along 1/2 moon etc as they are not attached to a local business. ED traders have an up and down year, with v quiet januarys, so, as trees cost the same everywhere, I'm buying from the Dulwich pot and plant centre.

Trees for sale outside the EDT, are not a pop up. The florist opposite are the traders.

However, I would love to know what the wholesale price of Christmas trees are, as the variation in price is huge.

I bought a 5-6ft tree from a local business for ?30, but I've seen trees of the same height and quality going for ?25 outside the Barry Road shop, and for ?50 in Brixton market!

As will all these things I would guess the price of repair is factored into the agreement to use the site in the first place.

I think that will depend on the experience of the events team that let Goose Green out in the first place -they may have factored in costs or made repair/ reinstatement part of the contract, or they may not. If Southwark park people didn't know about it (apparently they didn't) they won't have been able to provide cost guidance here.