Sainsbury?s dog kennel hill

macutd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I shop in Lidl a lot and they always have that

> thing of when it's sold out, then you have to wait

> for next delivery.

> Perhaps we're just a bit spoilt at Sainsbury's.

Exactly. Some people appear to be failing to pull themselves together.

The supermarkets' ability to provide everything you want, at all times of the year and all times of the day, and without a blemish on it, is one of the principal causes of increased plastic utilisation, pollution and general resource depletion.

@micromacromonkey

That's hardly the point of this thread. The point is that basic items are completely out of stock before a lot of people get back from work, and that the staff don't seem as motivated (or as hygienic) as they were previously. I'd be happy to buy blemished produce, without any plastic packaging, if Sainsbury's actually had any in stock.

1. Not throwing away fresh produce at the end of the day is probably a good thing

2. It is not clear to me whether the 'understocking' is a function of poor ordering from the store, or poor/ rationed supply from central warehouses. If the latter the local manager will not be to blame.

I'd definitely raise stock issues to the store. I have also found low or absent stuff of late so will mention it next time.

I worked for Sains a very long time ago (1996) and they had a sales-based ordering system, so if an item was sold it would be added to the next order. They would of course get patterns out of this too. Then the department manager could increase or lower the system-generated order depending on the weather/events/experience etc. I'd be shocked if the system has got worse but maybe they have changed it and it needs a review? If that was my department empty in the photo above even once or twice I would have got an earful from the store manager so for it to be a regular thing it's quite strange.

I worked for Sains a very long time ago (1996) and they had a sales-based ordering system,

I suspect priorities may have changed since then. There is now a considerable (and many would argue quite reasonable) focus on avoiding waste and throwing less away - the ideal, difficult to achieve , is to sell the last item of perishable goods wanted by customers in the last minute before the store closes for the night. If this is part of their re-stocking algorithm they may have got it wrong (well, they clearly have got it wrong) but possibly for the right reasons. I also know that despite the 'automatic reorder' based on sales this doesn't always happen. They were without stock, for instance of fresh beetroot a few years ago for a number of weeks, the store manager said he simply couldn't get this back on his ordering system, despite many attempts. A computing glitch. I also suspect (with no evidence) that Sainsbury's may be implementing some sort of rationing as a Brexit response (obviously too early). Perhaps they are softening us up for post December shortages.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> I worked for Sains a very long time ago (1996) and

> they had a sales-based ordering system,

>

> I suspect priorities may have changed since then.

> There is now a considerable (and many would argue

> quite reasonable) focus on avoiding waste and

> throwing less away - the ideal, difficult to

> achieve , is to sell the last item of perishable

> goods wanted by customers in the last minute

> before the store closes for the night. If this is

> part of their re-stocking algorithm they may have

> got it wrong (well, they clearly have got it

> wrong) but possibly for the right reasons. I also

> know that despite the 'automatic reorder' based on

> sales this doesn't always happen. They were

> without stock, for instance of fresh beetroot a

> few years ago for a number of weeks, the store

> manager said he simply couldn't get this back on

> his ordering system, despite many attempts. A

> computing glitch. I also suspect (with no

> evidence) that Sainsbury's may be implementing

> some sort of rationing as a Brexit response

> (obviously too early). Perhaps they are softening

> us up for post December shortages.

Or maybe the online ordering takes priority - not sure if it's delivered from the store or from a dark site.

Had the pleasure of meeting the most vile rude staff member called tina today.

I went shopping with my mother and niece we went to pay at the self service tills where the toilets are. The shop Is empty. Whilst scanning my items my mother went cigarette counter, everything was fine until I went to scan paracetamol, this staff member tina CHARGED up to me and my neice and was rude and aggressive right from the off. She screamed do we have identity even though we are clearly over the age of 16. I said no so she refused to sell them to us, I said fine I'll get my mother to buy them and she said 'do what you like and walked off'.

I pay for my shopping and start putting it in my shopping trolley, me mother comes back and we tell her the staff member took the pills and won't sell them to us.

My mother goes up to her and says can she have the pills back she wants to buy them. This horrible staff member screams at the top off her voice 'go back to the shelf and get them again'. Why she couldn't take them out of her pocket is beyond me.

So as I am still putting my shopping away, she screams at me and my neice to go away from the counter I have customers waiting, the shop was empty there was no one waiting and so what if they were I was still using the counter.

No way would I let someone talk to me like that. I told this vile woman, do not talk to me like that I'm still using the counter.

As I finish putting my stuff away my mother comes back quickly to scan the pills this nasty woman screams again to my elderly mother GO TO THE BACK OF THE QUE. The shop is literary empty. My mother tells her do not speak to us like that you have a awful manner.

She then screams again go to the back of the q and my mother says no I won't she scans the pills the this rude staff member screams I won't be authorising it. We do not move from the till the shop hasn't even got any customers. In the end it charged over to us and roared my name is tina feel free to complain.

I tell her I couldn't care less who your are you rude awful horrible woman.

I can't understand what the hell happened but this staff member was ready for a real fight it was quite unbelievable. How dare she speak to us like that.

No wonder the shop is always emptywith evil staff member like that.

I hope no one else meets TINA.

Seven foot,big fat cow with big mans voice, looks like nanny from duckula

Forgive me for asking this snoopy but this is your third negative post about staff / sainsburys in general which shows you have been there multiple times recently.

Question is Why ? (As in why are you continuing to shop there!)

If I was in your shoes I would shop elsewhere

Totally get your complaint above as it's not a nice thing to have happened so don't take this as a slur on you, it's more understanding of your motivation to continue shopping there

I got shouted at there once when my card got refused and had to pay at the customer service desk.

The lady there gave me an 'oh she got you' look similar to the look Justin Trudeau gives the other leaders about Donald Trump so I wouldn't worry.

I genuinely hardly have a problem with any of the staff in there - I find them mostly helpful and friendly.

There are a few grumpier ones who I tend to avoid.

I do find though that it's really obvious when they are due a 'store visit' as the shelves are all full and neat, It was the same when I worked for Woolworths many years ago, the shop always looked at its best when management were coming to visit - it shouldn't be this way, it should be fully stocked for the customers, not just for when someone from Head Office is coming to look around.

Another thing I have noticed is that since the staffing restructure last year, there seem to be a lot of junior management stacking shelves from roll cages - the other day, 12 of them were stocking bakery at the same time, all in suits and with around 6 cages out in one aisle..?

Went today, everything I wanted was in stock, queued up, lady on checkout till was friendly and lovely, no problems.

There are one or two grumpy ones, such as the old woman in the bakery section who I find to be difficult and confrontational. On the deli section their appears to be no consistency in the appreciation of the terms thin or medium sliced, on the counter it can range from wafer thin to Thick cut, depending on which member of staff is serving.

At times I wonder how they ever expect to sell some of the hams, when they look as though they have been left standing for days and appear dry, when a bit of cling film across the front would keep them from doing so.

snoopy17 Wrote:

> Had the pleasure of meeting the most vile rude

> staff member called tina today.

>

> I went shopping with my mother and niece we went

> to pay at the self service tills where the toilets

> are. The shop Is empty. Whilst scanning my items

> my mother went cigarette counter, everything was

> fine until I went to scan paracetamol, this staff

> member tina CHARGED up to me and my neice and was

> rude and aggressive right from the off. She

> screamed do we have identity even though we are

> clearly over the age of 16. I said no so she

> refused to sell them to us, I said fine I'll get

> my mother to buy them and she said 'do what you

> like and walked off'.

>

> I pay for my shopping and start putting it in my

> shopping trolley, me mother comes back and we tell

> her the staff member took the pills and won't sell

> them to us.

> My mother goes up to her and says can she have the

> pills back she wants to buy them. This horrible

> staff member screams at the top off her voice 'go

> back to the shelf and get them again'. Why she

> couldn't take them out of her pocket is beyond

> me.

> So as I am still putting my shopping away, she

> screams at me and my neice to go away from the

> counter I have customers waiting, the shop was

> empty there was no one waiting and so what if they

> were I was still using the counter.

>

> No way would I let someone talk to me like that. I

> told this vile woman, do not talk to me like that

> I'm still using the counter.

> As I finish putting my stuff away my mother comes

> back quickly to scan the pills this nasty woman

> screams again to my elderly mother GO TO THE BACK

> OF THE QUE. The shop is literary empty. My mother

> tells her do not speak to us like that you have a

> awful manner.

>

> She then screams again go to the back of the q and

> my mother says no I won't she scans the pills the

> this rude staff member screams I won't be

> authorising it. We do not move from the till the

> shop hasn't even got any customers. In the end it

> charged over to us and roared my name is tina feel

> free to complain.

>

> I tell her I couldn't care less who your are you

> rude awful horrible woman.

>

> I can't understand what the hell happened but this

> staff member was ready for a real fight it was

> quite unbelievable. How dare she speak to us like

> that.

> No wonder the shop is always emptywith evil staff

> member like that.

>

>

> I hope no one else meets TINA.

>

> Seven foot,big fat cow with big mans voice, looks

> like nanny from duckula

That really is a rude and unkind thing to say about somebody on an open forum. I am big and fat and would feel very hurt by someone making awful comments about my size for everyone to read and also having my name put out there, you should be ashamed of yourself and hopefully your body and size is perfect in every way, she isn?t fat through being lazy as she is working, so how do you know she doesn?t have a medical condition like I do? If I was her I would take the matter further. I know Tina from shopping in there as I have been since the store first opened and find she is one of the nicest people I have met.

I was in the store this morning, on driving out a man came up the centre driveway and didn?t stop so consequently I ended up nearly in his boot. He slammed his brakes on almost causing an accident, when I got the the traffic lights he was turning left and waited for me to come passed him, he was sticking one finger up at me and called me a white piece of s**t. Disgusting when he was in the wrong and making racist comments, wonder if he would have said the same if I was male!

snoopy17 Wrote:

> I continue to shop there because I like the food

> they sell, why should I shop elsewhere when I have

> been shopping in this shop for thirty years.

>

> all supermarkets have horribly staff Sainsburys

> just have the worst out of all of them.

Nowadays we have the option to Scan and shop- it's a breeze and you don't have to talk to anyone. Who was it said 'Hell is other people'?

>

> That really is a rude and unkind thing to say

> about somebody on an open forum. I am big and fat

> and would feel very hurt by someone making awful

> comments about my size for everyone to read and

> also having my name put out there, you should be

> ashamed of yourself and hopefully your body and

> size is perfect in every way, she isn?t fat

> through being lazy as she is working, so how do

> you know she doesn?t have a medical condition like

> I do? If I was her I would take the matter

> further. I know Tina from shopping in there as I

> have been since the store first opened and find

> she is one of the nicest people I have met.

> I was in the store this morning, on driving out a

> man came up the centre driveway and didn?t stop so

> consequently I ended up nearly in his boot. He

> slammed his brakes on almost causing an accident,

> when I got the the traffic lights he was turning

> left and waited for me to come passed him, he was

> sticking one finger up at me and called me a white

> piece of s**t. Disgusting when he was in the wrong

> and making racist comments, wonder if he would

> have said the same if I was male!

I would not like to meet you if you think tina is the nicest person you have ever met. Just because someone is working is doesn't exempt them from being lazy, rude and arrogant.

I too have been shopping at this sainsburys since it opened and I can guarantee you that I have never come across such a vile, arrogant, demented, aggressive worker who was looking for an argument.

it's interesting that you were not offended by how she treated/spoke to me.

I'm guessing your tina.

No I am not Tina. I am offended for her, if she is on the forum it?s not a nice thing to read about yourself and it?s extremely rude to call someone the names you did. Then because you didn?t like what I said you then proceed to attack me and say you would not like to meet me if I think Tina is one of the nicest people I have met! If you had a problem with her you should have asked to see the manager or duty manager at the time, not bully someone on the forum about their size etc. If you would like to private message me I am happy to tell you my name etc.

But before you post such rude, offensive comments about people maybe you should think first