Sainsbury?s dog kennel hill

I popped into the Bell Green Sainsbury's on Wednesday and what a comparison to DKH. They had everything I wanted, there were no cages blocking the isles, plenty of SmartShop scanners and you still have to put in ?1 for a trolley, so there aren't any dumped trolleys in the surrounding area.

The only issue I had in there was the poor guy supervising the SmartShop tills was rushed off his feet.

I have spoke to store manager and told him to look at this tread , one person complaining isn?t going to do anything , this is a gossip column, and it?s great to share opinions, which is fantastic as long as it doesn?t get personal. I started this tread as I didn?t know if it was just me that thought the store was going downhill, clearly it?s nots and I have emailed head office quoting this tread , hoping they will look into store :).I will update on reply if I receive one . Happy Shopping

• 1 month later...
I've shopped there every week since it opened....it has not gone downhill. I have noticed that as soon as something is on offer the locusts descend and its gone. Add to that the panic buying and there will be gaps on shelves. There cannot be an endless stream of shelf fillers and produce so personally I would blame the customers

You have to remember that Sainsbury's do not keep any stock anymore. i.e out the back, according to a Manager, the total stock is now on top of the shelves.

He also said that head office are responsible for monitoring and ordering stock for the store.

Explains a lot

richard tudor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You have to remember that Sainsbury's do not keep

> any stock anymore. i.e out the back, according to

> a Manager, the total stock is now on top of the

> shelves.

>

> He also said that head office are responsible for

> monitoring and ordering stock for the store.

>

> Explains a lot

There's probably a countrywide shortage of branded stuff but as for bread they have an instore bakery they can operate 24/7 if need be- and I'm sure they could reduce the range of bread and just knock out basic wholemeal and white.

So have I and it has definitely gone downhill. They rarely ran out of things at one point. Nowadays, there are always multiple items out of stock. That's not the customers' fault, what a daft thing to say.

seenbeen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've shopped there every week since it

> opened....it has not gone downhill. I have noticed

> that as soon as something is on offer the locusts

> descend and its gone. Add to that the panic buying

> and there will be gaps on shelves. There cannot be

> an endless stream of shelf fillers and produce so

> personally I would blame the customers

It was nuts last night. No loo roll, rice, tinned pulses, dried pasta, ibuprofen, paracetamol, chicken, sanitary products, antibac wipes.....

And no large trolleys, probably to prevent people from stock piling but annoying when just back from holiday and needed to do a big shop.

By comparison, the Little Waitrose in Vauxhall, fully stocked!

Was in ED DKH earlier, Dry pasta shelves were practically empty as was in Tesco and Asda on the Old Kent Road, is there a specific run on pasta at the moment??

Deli counter was closed due to, wait for it, no really wait for it, No hot water. But a very kind lady cut me a piece of salami.

I don't get panic buying

So are people scared

- they won't be able to go out for fear of contamination

- shop workers won't get to work as they can't go out so stores will close

- production of things will stop as the producers aren't working

- something like Stephen King's The Stand

- other people will panic buy first and there'll be nothing left

Went to Sains around 2.30 today to pick up some bits.

Lots of fresh food in stock. Walking up the central aisle I did notice that someone was pointing out about the handwash situation i.e. not a lot on shelves. The baked beans section seemed to be empty as well. Toilet roll/hand towel section was more or less empty.

Didn't notice the pasta section as not a lover of pasta.

Lots of cat food/biscuits which I always pick up as find Sainsburys are the lowest in price for this.

Bread section well stocked with dates up to the 12th March although when I went to pick up my usual tins of the tuna fish there were none and the shelves were empty.

I always go to the last aisle to pick up some little pots of jelly and some peanut butter random other bits for cake making but found there was a terrible stench of drains/rotten eggs.

Things like tea seemed to be low on stock, although other areas seemed to have the usual amounts of stock on the shelves. Maybe people are stocking up on non perishables and hence the emptyish shelves in certain areas.

I didn't notice any unpleasant smells.

The car park appeared to be much busier than usual on a Thursday, my preferred shopping day.

Presumably home deliveries will suffer were items have been ordered and are not currently in stock. Can't imagine what the alternative to loo rolls maybe????????