random stuff

El Pibe

I don't have a problem with a big blue love-in tho'

That they then choose some names to give awards to as a sort of trolling tactic I'm ok with too

I thought the point of the article is that being in power, having lots of cash and hanging out with fellow tory-travellers doesn't bestow any level of coolness - which, it being GQ, is what it is trying too hard to be?

The tories are never cool being a 'lefty', but not neccessarily Labour is...for a young upcoming artist/comedia,/popstar saying you supported the tories would be near career suicide...though Adele said she hated paying so much tax. My suspicion is that many 'celebs' etc, are tory voters bur just keep stum. Out tories apart from the ancient celeb golfer set off the top of my head - Emin, Cracknell, Henman.....

Still redwedge was hardly cool... and in 1979 Paul Weller said he was going to vote Tory.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Found this from 2010.

>

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_20

> 10/8617149.stm

>

> Surprised to see Alan Sugar was wheeled out by the

> tories in 1983. Thought he was old skool Labour.

Only real propa old school Labour voted Labout in 1983*.... That was the 'longest suicide note in political history' manifesto

*polishes proper lefty credentials

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Blair's look in those pictures: Hunted, paranoid,

> grinning with his teeth, terror in his eyes.

>

> Off his rocker

Exactly. Especially if you do that covering-the-right-side-of-the-face-and-just-looking-at-the-left-side thing with his GQ pic - psychotic.

That's quite interesting

As usual people come to a revelation on a personal level and think its the answer to all ills.

My guess, the guy's just unhappy and this hypothesis (which has a compellng ring to it I grant you) fits the questions he's asked.

Putting two and two together I reckon a vegetarian broke his heart ;)