Aggressive man - Peckham rye park

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What?s with all your ?do him over? BS ?!

> People really do try to extract badness and

> I?ll-will from every sentence.

LOL... not at all. Earlier in the thread, I sort of rhetorically questioned whether I'd try to intervene if I saw this guy threatening or harming others. I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't really blame someone for hitting the guy to stop him threatening/following their family, for instance. It was probably my own doubts and insecurities that were on my mind when I misinterpreted your "slight build" question.

Of course we could have a good old fashioned internet argument about it, but... genuine mistake, no ill will intended...

I'm giving you a hand clap and appreciating nod from afar fishbiscuits. So rare on internet forums do people give a gracious and gentle acknowledgement when there has been a misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

Nice work, more of this please folks!

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What?s with all your ?do him over? BS ?!

>

> > People really do try to extract badness and

> > I?ll-will from every sentence.

>

> LOL... not at all. Earlier in the thread, I sort

> of rhetorically questioned whether I'd try to

> intervene if I saw this guy threatening or harming

> others. I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't

> really blame someone for hitting the guy to stop

> him threatening/following their family, for

> instance. It was probably my own doubts and

> insecurities that were on my mind when I

> misinterpreted your "slight build" question.

>

> Of course we could have a good old fashioned

> internet argument about it, but... genuine

> mistake, no ill will intended...

Fair enough FB !

And yes, the culprit needs to watch out because someone will turn on him at some point if he?s unlucky.

And this is what happens, the apparently ?mad? culprit keeps picking on people but somehow manages to get away with it unscathed.

Why ? I expect he full-well expects little reaction because he targets carefully. Someone with a child, someone not very big, white people, middle-class looking people perhaps ?

There was a ?nutter? got on the bus top deck one night last week at Waterloo, called most people sitting up there a ?c**t? or ?ugly? as he passed them to find a seat.

But I noticed he didn?t say it directly to any non-whites, must have been a coincidence, right ?

Selective bullying IMO.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Fair enough FB !

>

> And yes, the culprit needs to watch out because

> someone will turn on him at some point if he?s

> unlucky.

> And this is what happens, the apparently ?mad?

> culprit keeps picking on people but somehow

> manages to get away with it unscathed.

> Why ? I expect he full-well expects little

> reaction because he targets carefully. Someone

> with a child, someone not very big, white people,

> middle-class looking people perhaps ?

> There was a ?nutter? got on the bus top deck one

> night last week at Waterloo, called most people

> sitting up there a ?c**t? or ?ugly? as he passed

> them to find a seat.

> But I noticed he didn?t say it directly to any

> non-whites, must have been a coincidence, right ?

> Selective bullying IMO.

I got it from some guy on the bus after a party Xmas 2017 because I had a plum coloured shirt.

Realised the other day I never wore that shirt again - it effects you even subconsciously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

I was out on Peckham Rye at around 8pm tonight with my husband and we were approached by a man in his 30s, mixed race, longish hair braided back, wearing tinted yellow glasses. He was on a mountain bike and carrying piping. He started talking to my husband - rambling about the pipe work. I arrived with our dog and suddenly his language became a lot more abusive and frightening. Fortunately our dog stared growling and he rode off. Afterwards my husband told me that the same guy had once approached him on Goose Green when he was out early one morning taking our new born out for a walk with the pram. On that occasion the same guy threatened to attack my husband but fortunately he managed to walk away. This guy is clearly very disturbed but he also seems to be dangerous. By the sounds of it he has also been around for a while and is still out there. We?re not really sure what else to do but wanted to share this because we all need to watch out for him - and each other.

Hi Saria,

Sorry to hear about your experience with him.

This sounds like a guy I've seen on two occasions.

The first was by Rise and Bloom on Barry Road, about 3 weeks ago so whilst it was still open for coffee takeaways. He approached me as i was waiting outside for the existing customer to leave. He was obviously unaware of the social distancing rules as he came right up to me (not in an aggressive way) and sounding a touch distressed, started a rambling story about someone on the bus who'd been bothering/stalking him (can't remember which). His manner was a bit weird, and he was also a bit over-familiar and matey. He was not at all threatening to me, but I just had an uncomfortable sense so I tried to avoid eye contact etc.

He followed me into the shop, where the owners asked him to leave on social distancing grounds. He did this willingly, and the owners/workers mentioned something about having seen him before and not sure how well he was. When I left the cafe, he was down the road and just waved at me.

The second occasion was about a week ago, when I was just leaving my flat to go for my daily walk. I live in a block of flats looking out over Peckham Rye, close to the junction with Barry Rd. I heard someone shouting/calling for someone outside as I was going to the front door and when I opened the front door he was standing there. He did not appear to recognise me, but again seemed a touch distressed and pointed towards the park and said there was one/two people following him (can't remember which). Looking out, I could not see anyone who appeared to following him.

He then rather dramatically changed the subject, and pointed to some stuff which had been left by the bins and asked if they belonged to anyone. I remember shrugging and trying not to engage with him too much, as he still did not seem right.

I notice there was a bike left by the bins as well which I thought might have been his. I walked out into the park, and despite looking back a few times, did not see him, so not sure what direction he went in.

In neither of the interactions with him was he aggressive or even unfriendly, but in my non-expert opinion appeared to have either mental health and/or drug issues, and I had a vague suspicion he could have turned aggressive (possibly out of paranoia?).

Based on what you've written, I suggest you go online and do an online police report. I will do the same. I thought about this before - more for his safety rather than other peoples. Maybe he only gets aggressive around women/people he thinks he can pick on? It seems like he could be a threat to lone women/elderly, so it should be reported.

I've resolved to try and find a police officer (there seems to be a lot around now!) next time I encounter him around.

Hi gromit,

No, I got no sense of that at all - I may even have turned around to check but can't recall.

As I said he didn't seem to even recognise me when he saw me about two weeks later, and did not appear to pay me too much attention, so don't think he is a threat to me at least.

My sense/intuition was that he could turn aggressive (potentially based on paranoia) and it appears based on what has been written by others that he has done this to lone women/vulnerable people (I'm a 6ft 34 year old male). This obviously means that authorities should be doing something about him.

• 11 months later...
Havnt had time to go though whole thread, so apologies if its already been mentioned. I would say if you see someone who is a threat 2 themselves or others and is clearly mentally ill the best thing to do is to call the ambulance who will administer medication. There is little or no support for the mentally ill and all too often they end up incarcerated for their behaviour rather than medicated for it. Having read some of the comments, It is comforting to see see that that you recognise the mental illness,unlike another thread on the forum that's been going around recently which was really quite appalling in my opinion.

Havnt had time to go though whole thread, so apologies if its already been mentioned. I would say if you see someone who is a threat to themselves or others and is clearly mentally ill the best thing to do is to call the ambulance who will administer medication. There is little or no support for the mentally ill and all too often they end up incarcerated for their behaviour rather than medicated for it. Having read some of the comments, It is comforting to see see that that you recognise the mental illness,unlike another thread on the forum that's been going around recently which was really quite appalling in my opinion.

Is this the guy who cycles carrying a big stick (window cleaning equipment)? I?m concerned about him as well as the harm he could potentially do to others. He can be very aggressive but responded well when my husband told him recently he should go home as it was about to rain. He?s obviously in need of medical care. I?ll call 999 next time.

Monkey Wrote:

> Is this the guy who cycles carrying a big stick

> (window cleaning equipment)? I?m concerned about

> him as well as the harm he could potentially do to

> others. He can be very aggressive but responded

> well when my husband told him recently he should

> go home as it was about to rain. He?s obviously in

> need of medical care. I?ll call 999 next time.

I'm aware of this guy, and been approached by him. He responded to your husband as he's a man. This guy has real issues and is aggressive towards women.