The bottles of pee again/ Action/ Investigation

Until very recently we thought that we were the only ones interested in this perplexing issue, until we had the idea of checking out the forum, and BAM, it appears we are not alone.

We have read through a fair through of the theories posted, some good, some piss poor (i know, sorry) and we have also debated at length amongst ourselves and with every friend as well as every date we have been on since this started. Lets face it, with all the buggy pushing and decaf latte drinking going on around here this is pretty tasty.

We are convinced that the perpetrator is completely deranged and that this is some kind of weird protest. Possibly it started as a means to get rid of pee due a broken toilette or something, but there is something psychological going on now for the following reasons:

1) The pee is always in the same place (except one time when it was on the other side of the road in rows like skittles) that was my favourite time as it reminded me of the terracotta army they found.

2) No taxi driver/ camper van person etc, would store 20 bottles to dump at one time. you would empty it out at the end of the night down a drain or lob the bottle over a fence or something.

3) It isn't surplus orange squash. Who would keep buying hundreds of bottles of squash when they already have a surplus, and it lasts for ages that stuff.

The next question is, what are we going to do about it? We are all moving in a couple of months and I would love to have this case (my first) wrapped up before then. We feel like we've spent hours talking about this to people and if we don't have an answer it will all have been in vain.

I propose a meet up to discuss possible ways of catching this rogue, and if anyone that lives opposite the hotspot can come, please make yourself known.

This is not a joke by the way, we sniffed the bottles straight away, that's how into this we are.

Nathan

A little time on my hands has revealed an interesting potential avenue: Witch Bottles. Commonly used in the 16th and 17th Century as a spell to attract and trap negative energy. The bottles are usually used by people who are frightened of or feel threatened by the 'black arts'. Usually they also contain symbolic body waste, like hair, navel fluff and fingernails. Not sure if anyone's had a close enough look to see if that kind of thing is in there.

The sheer volume of the 'Witch Bottles of East Dulwich' as I now like to think of them, could be indicative of an individual or group who are somehow playing with dark forces, or involve someone who believes his wife to be a witch, and is resorting to the old craft. Here is an excerpt from an Old Bailey record from 1682, which documents a husband, believing his wife to be a victim of witchcraft, being advised to: "take a quart of your Wive's urine, the paring of her Nails, some of her Hair, and such like, and boyl them well in a Pipkin."

The Witches of Dulwich are at it again!!

baggie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> edcam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Is this like crop circles?

>

> Thank god it's not Crap Circles.

xxxxxxx

:)) :)) :))

typical

x pages of forum twitter about some manky bottles (which I've never seen in spite of living around the corner from the alleged spot) and then when someone actually proposes doing something about it, people start calling him out

good luck, Nathan W, if you manage to catch the witch bottler, you will go down as a piece of ED history

Sorry to kill the witches pee vibe on here, but I recon the bottles which I see all the time around Crawthew Grove are in fact cooking oil.

Now although I haven't taken as close a look/ smell as our Nathan here, I am pretty sure by the colour that unless someone is seriously dehydrated but peeing excessively.. (!) it's cooking oil.

This is probably a local food outlet on Lordship Lane, who is not paying to dispose of the oil properly and instead thinks they can get away with dropping them to various parts of ED without being noticed.

A secret camera would be an awesome idea, should anyone be keen to find out the culprit :)

Ha ha. There's even some debate about whether the post has been made in the right section; very EDF.

Conveniently, it is the witch bottle maker who decides whether the witch bottle works.

-------------------------------------------------------

> wow, there are weirder forums than this one.

>

> I love the quotes and derisory lower caps in The

> "non-wiccan" Witch community. Splitters!!!!

Err. Not a very busy local food outlet in that case - a restaurant would normally dump 10/20 litres every time it changed the oil in each fryer.

Also - you don't pay for removal any more as it has value as biofuel - guys drive round trying to pinch it from each other.