Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Hello All,

Unfortunately, I am a bit out of the loop but I was in one of the very first Mums meet ups this summer at the Clockhouse pub.

Anyway I thought I'd all let you know that my company Olive&Moss (baby clothes) will be holding a sale this Friday (details below). I'll be there working away with little Baby Miles (now 10 weeks) strapped to me via the Baby Bjorn. Agh the life of a modern mum... :)

Please come along and grab a bargain. Looking forward to catching up x x

Details...

We are hosting a huge sample sale at the Herne Tavern for baby and toddler clothing ages 0-3 years. The Sale is on Friday 4th October from 10am-2pm. Prices start at just ?1!!!

The sale will take place at:

The Herne Tavern

2 Forest Hill Rd

East Dulwich

London

SE22 0RR

Getting there:

Buses 12, 197, 63 and 363. Nearest Train Stations are East Dulwich, Peckham Rail or Honor Oak Park tube. Plenty of free on street parking!

Contact us:

[email protected]

www.oliveandmoss.com

We hope to see you all there!

Hi all, I'm planning on seeing "Girl Most Likely" at Peckham cinema on Thurs if anyone else is going/fancies it?

Was also thinking it would be great to try to get a bigger meet up together now all bumps are babies but can't think where will take us all with buggies as meeting outside less likely now the weather is turning. Any ideas? I know the EDT is quite empty at lunch times so planning to ask their thoughts when next walking past. Any other ideas?

Ginny

Hi Ginny, difficult with all the buggies! A bigger meet up would be great; I've only been to a Monday one once but would love to see people I met with babies. Forecast for next week looks fine so why not a park meet while we still can sit outdoors? Dulwich or PR? Otherwise a pub with space or - crazy thought - what about Starbucks at Sainsbury's? Not glamourous but they do have plenty of space for buggies!! Hi to all. Jules x

Would love to join you Ginny but we have to go to weigh in - big meet up sounds great, the group seems to have faded somewhat!! The Clockhouse? I think they have a room we could probably book - and I guess if you can bring a baby in a sling it would help with the buggy situation. The Victoria is also generally quite empty midweek as well. Happy to help organise

Sally xx

Hi Ladies,

Ginny that sounds like a great idea! I definitely found it hard to get my bum into gear on Mondays but finally made it down this Monday (albeit a bit late, 12.30!!!) but I think I either missed you or there was nobody there : ( I've met Jenny a few times by chance which was nice but would be great to meet all the other little ones. I'm happy to meet wherever.

(Irish) Claire X

Dear all,

I hope you are all well and enjoying your little ones. I just wanted to drop a line about a workshop weaning/introducing solids I will be running on November 7th in East Dulwich (Clockhouse Pub).

The course is run by a nutritionist with many years of experience, so it will be a great chance to ask her as many questions as you feel during the workshop. The workshop will cover:

*when to start

*what to feed your baby and what to avoid

*progression of feeding and dropping milk feeds

*purees (making, combining, textures, etc)

*baby led weaning

*allergies and intolerances

*choosing commercial baby foods

*suggested books

..........with tips and tricks throughout on how to make weaning healthy and fun!

Really worth doing it to feel ready for the transition.

Also, I am organising a 'First Aid course for babies and children', it will run over 2 Saturdays, these will be 16th and 23rd of Novmeber from 10am until 12noon in East Dulwich.

Places are limited, if you were interested, email me at: [email protected] or call me for an informal chat at: 07798293625

I look forward to hearing from you, and keep on enjoying your little ones!

Ariadna

Hey all,

Anyone keen to meet tomorrow? I would be up for a cup of tea before power-pramming at 12.30!

Also Ginny - these are the baby swimming classes I was talking about:

http://www.babyswimming.co.uk/pools/hernehill.html

http://www.littledippers.co.uk/courses.about.locations.php

We're signed up to do the Little Dippers course at Guys Hospital nr London Bridge starting on 5 November. Timing worked better for us than any of the Herne Hill classes in the end.

Lou (and Bobby)

Hope you don't mind us butting in on your thread, but Goodrich School is having a table top sale on Saturday 12 October, 2.30-4.30. This is like a mini car boot sale, 50p entry - lots of people selling off unwanted clothes, books, etc. Usually a good source of baby/toddler bits and pieces for good prices. Hope to see you there

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,1194022

Hoped to go but we woke up at 11 and now feeding.

Away next week but will try to sort out a bigger meetup soon.

Powerprammers, when does that end? As otherwise thought meetup should perhaps move to Tues for the big meet? Idea being we meet for a longer period over lunch so people can come and go over a couple of hours?

Ginny and Amber

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I am a little late to the party but would love to join in with this thread/activities. We moved to the area from Kennington in early July, just after Toby was born on 23 June (that was NOT how we planned it, he was five weeks early!). Would be great to meet some people closer to home - please could someone let me know if there are regular meet ups?

Thanks

Victoria and Toby