Fab Decorator/Handyman in the area

CAROANTY

Afternoon all,

Just wanted to add my recommendation to Nick and his team.

We had them doing a whole host of decorating work in our house in November and December. Cannot recommend them enough. The work was of a fantastic standard, and has been mentioned before his guys aren't afraid of hard work and when some jobs turned out to be more work than expected they took on the extra work without any hassle.

Very impressed with the service, end result and also the price of the work.

we had all our hallways stripped and re-painted including woodwork over 3 floors as well as bedroom and recpetion rooms painted and even a ceiling replaced for good measure.

my wife had recently given birth to our little girl 6 weeks previously, and the team couldn't of been more helpful cleaning up every evening and making sure nothing got in the way of my wife when she was stuck on site during the early work.

Again couldn't recommend them enough, we will certainly be using them again.

Ben Hammond.

We've used Nick too - four times now over the past year - and absolutely love him. He's fixed up cracked window ledges and brickwork,re-attached our gutter, re-strung lighting fixtures and done smaller snagging, painting jobs too. From what we've thrown at him so far there seems to be pretty much nothing he can't do. He's always been reliable, extremely reasonable and tidied up so well it's hard to tell he was here. He's also a very positive, lovely guy to have around! Hugely recommend - he's a gem.

In all my years as a painter and decorator and handyman, I have rarely had anything other than highly satisfied customers. I?m sorry that in this case the client felt compelled to post such negative feedback, but I would like to clarify things from my side.

I was contacted by this client at an extremely busy time before Christmas, but did my best to squeeze her in. We discussed a potential morning, but as I feared, existing jobs overran which meant I had to reschedule. As soon as I got a cancellation I checked with her and came round - I certainly didn?t ?randomly turn up?. And would obviously not have come if it hadn?t suited her.

As in many handyman type jobs, predicting how long a job will take, particularly before having even seen it, can be imprecise. We weren?t to know that one of the jobs she gave us - to remove an old bath panel which was stuck fast - would have to involve removing it with brute force. On prising it out, a hole was made in the wall, which was unavoidable and was discussed this with the client at the time.

My business thrives on client trust and respect for their property is an integral part of this. If an accident occurs, and it?s our fault, I always make good any damage done, replacing for new if necessary. When the client informed me about the cracked bathroom tiles, I offered to replace them if she found out which tiles they were, or waive the ?70 still owed me for the work. She said she would get back to me on this matter - I didn?t expect her instead to post this review 7 weeks later.

It is extremely rare that I get feedback like this and I hope that the many positive reviews on this forum and elsewhere are testament to the general diligence and professionalism with which I and my team approach our work.

Called Nick and asked him to mend my leaking shower tray - he rang me promptly, gave me a quote, suggested I buy the sealant so I could choose what I wanted and would keep his costs down. We agreed a time/date (36 hours after I first contacted him), he texted me to say he was on his way, did the job well and cleaned up after what is a very messy job! He was very polite, professional and was done within the timeframe and quote. I would thoroughly recommend him and would certainly use his services again for small jobs; I'd also ask him to quote for larger painting/decorating jobs in the future....

Another happy customer here. Thanks, Nick, for putting up our big roller blinds and working around baby-based chaos and schedule! We'll call on Nick again when we need help, for his professionalism and all-round pleasant manner.

Having read this forum thread I decided to ask Nick to take care of a few DIY jobs that I needed handling last week. I could't have been more impressed. What I had thought was a small issue with damage relating to a leak turned out to be a much larger problem. Nick took of it immediately, working skilfully and carefully to assess the damage and take necessary action. His fee was also very reasonable.

Not only does Nick strike me as knowledgable and skilled, he is also a thoroughly courteous and professional chap. I recommend him highly and am already planning to book him for further work.

• 1 month later...
I would strongly recommend Nick Minns (07866 267581) - recently asked him to do a couple of days' worth of work including woodworking a new counter top, decorating and a host of small handyman tasks. All done with professionalism, calm, and at a very reasonable day rate. V pleased with outcome. Also, a very nice guy.

• 6 months later...
Nick and his team have just finished an insurance job in my flat and I'm really delighted with his work. Not only that but he's easy to deal with, knowledgeable, helpful and his prices are reasonable too (his was the second best of 5 quotes but I was impressesed with his professionalism and chose him over the best quote). I would thoroughly recommend him and fully intend to use his services again.

• 3 weeks later...
Great job yet again by the charming Minns and Langton. Can't recommend Nick and his guys highly enough. His attention to detail is amazing in comparison to the slap it on decorators I've had in the past. The house looks and feels brand new. Thanks Nick. Here's his number if you need a good decorator 07866 267581

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

A long awaited further recommendation for Nick -- he took on a job that was going wrong from another builder. He actually came to our rescue at a difficult time and I think he put himself out quite significantly realising we were stuck with a non functional bathroom in a two bed flat. I really wish we had used him from day one his original quote was cheaper than the amount we paid out in the end having had one tradesman (a friend of a friend!!) let us down. interestingly his colleague Vampire a lovely chap was so unobtrusive working in the flat compared to the original guy. it was a pleasure to have him there and you could tell that he had such a good eye and work ethic.

Basically my impression is that Nick is one of the good guy's any minor snags he put right immediately and frankly it was a huge relief to be speaking to someone who was honest open and transparent.

More than happy to reply to PM's - I believe good people need support on the forum. Nicks number is in the thread so won't repeat it.

incidentally on the same note another recommendation for wayne who has done a lot of painting for us (so much so the kids have done a thank you card.--- 07931531057

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

a second recommendation for Nick --- long story but we are away and our flat is tenanted - the tenant had problems with the lock and we needed someone we could trust to change the locks which meant Nick contacting foxtons(devil's incarnate I know !) to get access etc etc. he really came to our rescue and negotiated everything including a burglar alarm that went off , police who became interested and foxton's who were hard to contact and all for what I consider a fair and reasonable charge.

• 4 weeks later...
Very happy to recommend Nick and his skilled team. We just had 4 sets of shelves built in alcoves and painted. The spaces were very tricky and they have done a perfect job, seamlessly blending them in with the existing framework. They were great to have in the house - considerate, tidy, professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to use them again. Even though it was raining they managed to do most of the cutting outside to save us from the dust, which I was very grateful for.

Another recommendation for Nick. He's just completed work for me on a house in Brixton, great guy with great guys working for him. Good communicator and very professional. They did a load of joinery, removed a wall and some repairs and decorations. Cant recommend him highly enough.

His mbl is 07866 267581

Great that Nick gets such good reviews here but our experience hasn't been so positive. If someone is good, it's worth waiting for them to be free but repeatedly not turning up without even a message to let you know isn't great form. If you're too busy to take a job on, then it's only polite to say so.

• 2 weeks later...
I really can't praise Nick and Kuba highly enough. They were great at contacting me before the work was done and the work itself was excellent! They did a huge range of jobs and all of them were finished to a high standard. Would definitely ask them to come back again. They are both really lovely as well!!

• 3 months later...

Just adding my recommendation of Nick at Mins and Langton. He was reliable and hard working and very easy to have around. He did a days work of odd jobs and I had found it really difficult to get anyone to do it as it was such a small job. Nick did a really good job and have no hesitation in recommending him.

Emma

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just wanted to add to all the other positive comments. Nick has been super efficient, helpful, pro-active, reasonable and intelligent all throughout the flat refurb. Even from a distance, I have been able to 100% trust him on-site. I have no problem AT ALL in recommending him to others in the area.

Thanks Nick

Ed

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'd like to very highly recommend Nick Minns (07866 267581) for decorating/related jobs. Him and his team recently redecorated the exterior (including conservatory, which needed work on wood damage) of my 2-bed house in East Dulwich and did a fantastic job. They also did the interior conservatory. Nick is very very helpful, honest and I would rely on his opinion regarding getting jobs done. As per the other posts, I can't praise him highly enough for being so approachable and thoughtful. Feel free to message me directly or via the EDF if you need any further information!!

I want to add to the recommendations for Nick Minns and his team, including Kuba and Lesh. They have just finished painting the exterior of our house, laying a new garden path and putting up a new fence. Nick and the team were great, they were very flexible and came up with good solutions for what we could do within our tight budget. The end result looks great and I would happily recommend them to others.

Tara

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would also like to highly recommend Nick and his team they were excellent. They have done an high quality job in renovating my flat, attention to detail is second to none. They are extremely reliable, trustworthy and reasonable. I would have no hesitation in using them again.

The job consisted of plastering, painting, fitting skirting boards, fixing shelves, sealant. The list goes on. It was so great to have one person coordinate all of this and no job was too big or small.

Nick