How is Sainsburys this morning?

spider69

I went at 10.40 am and there are queues but I got in fairly fast. There were still queues when I left. Speaking to a couple in the queue, they were buying food as they cannot visit a relative who now has lots of food and will be alone. They in turn had no food as they are expecting to go there. I think people who had hoped to be elsewhere went up there to fill up their fridges. It wasn't too awful and between Monday and Wed they are open from 6am to midnight so there will be plenty of time to shop

A scientist on Sky News this evening said the difference now is any lapse in social distancing or wearing your mask properly will be much less forgiving.

I have loads of food to buy :) 6:00am or late evening sounds best if I do - and mask up properly (no gaps).

I was there about 7 this morning. No queue, it was a bit busier than I expected but no more so than on a "current normal" day. Plenty of stock, no obvious panic gaps. If these are metrics, there was plenty of space on the nearer half of the parking area, maybe half of handsets were available, queues of 2-3 people at tills and no queue for the handset payment. Hope this helps you plan, if not for today.

I had to go to Camberwell Green this morning. About 11ish, there was no queue to get in the small Lidl and they were well stocked with fresh fruit, veg and salad. No queue to get in the Co-op or Morrisons either. If you don't need much, this is a good option to queuing.

ab29 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just back from Sainsbury's DKH - queue around the

> car park so I didn't wait. The longest queue I've

> ever seen for M&S but perhaps it is just to

> collect.

I was at Sainsburys 11:50. Queue Was around the Carpark but only took 15 - 20 mins to get in.

Most things available..

Very low on fresh meat products. (Joints) Only 2 lamb breasts left. No Beef. More Pork ..

Foxy

Till Queues not bad..

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ab29 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Just back from Sainsbury's DKH - queue around

> the

> > car park so I didn't wait. The longest queue

> I've

> > ever seen for M&S but perhaps it is just to

> > collect.

>

> I was at Sainsburys 11:50. Queue Was around the

> Carpark but only took 15 - 20 mins to get in.

>

> Most things available..

> Very low on fresh meat products. (Joints) Only 2

> lamb breasts left. No Beef. More Pork ..

>

> Foxy

>

> Till Queues not bad..

No joints man

Bummer !

Do the OAP'S and other with disabilities still have "set a side shopping hours" to allow them to shop or do they have to follow this madness?

Have people tried at a certain age, getting on a bus, line up for a very long time, shop and line up to pay and then do the same thing on the way back.

Or is it a case of the entitled and able saying "Tough"

When ED was un-gentified it was a much nicer and considerate place.

Sainsburys at Bell Green has a big notice saying OAPs, NHS Staff and those with disabilities can come to the front of the line if they have appropriate confirmation of their status. Plenty of people doing that over the weekend and no-one raising any issues with it.