Black Cherry - may have to close

I have to say I would count the Black Cherry as my favourtie place to go out on Lordship Lane as I love a well-made cocktail.. (& partly due to the fact it holds some very pleasant memories there!) and I would certainly be very upset to see it close... but like Keef I'd like to hear from the owners exactly what the problems are before writing petitions etc...

Also would like to say a Here Here on Mikese22 post about suggestions......!

Me too Katy. As you can see there are some right miserable bastards on this Forum. I like the Black Cherry although I haven't been in there for a few months. I do like their cocktails. It would be great if they could use the outside space at the back but it sounds to me like they are going to build an extension. Perhaps Angela could clarify?

... and I never said I didn't believe you either Katy... I do!

I'd just like some clarification what we need to jump and down about to the councillors/MPs etc!

If, horror of horrors, it closes down, I'll be joining you in a sit in - cocktail in hand!

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Me too Katy. As you can see there are some right

> miserable bastards on this Forum. I like the Black

> Cherry although I haven't been in there for a few

> months. I do like their cocktails. It would be

> great if they could use the outside space at the

> back but it sounds to me like they are going to

> build an extension. Perhaps Angela could clarify?

haha took the words right out of my mouth Mr Lush (or Ms?). There are def a few Victor Meldrews on here. I for one would be upset if Cherry were to close. Where else can you get a Zombie cocktail?!

katy - you seem to have an interest in council planning appeals - a hobby of yours ? I see your first ever post was asking what the decison was on the on the neros situation a while ago.

a curiously obtuse first post some might ask.

some might also say that the the formal Black Cherry disclaimer notice serves more to arouse suspicions than to dampen it.

Not since I got re arrested for breaching my asbo

still, the ED LIbrary offers Intenet access to keep me occupied

actually, Im not paranoid, just realistic about how some people manipulate other peoples inherent good nature and gullibility for personal gain.

jumpinjackflash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> scor46 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Snorky you definitely are Columbo...

>

>

> or on crack you're so paranoid. You're not the

> guy asking people for money on Grove Vale are

> you?!

Funny... Some people just happen to care Snorky...

lets pretend we are in court

in a criminal court, if I presented the a sequence of coincidences I have hightlighted earlier, The case would quite rightly be dismissed by the judge based on the maxim of beyond reasonable doubt

if however this was a civil case and based on balance of probability rule , then the outcome would likely be very different

Snorkdude,

calm it down buddy, this is a genuine cause and the people are who they say they are and they are not connected to phill props. The neighbours should understand that if the extention gets built then there will be no noise from garden drinking as the extension will be part of the main bar/building and noise will not be heard. Am i right BC?

Personally I can't help feeling sorry for the neighbours who are complaining about the potential noise of any change in usage.

They no doubt have homes and families and don't want their current living standards to be detrimentally affected by a change in a business's usage.

Bars are not the be-all and end-all of an area, the people who live here are though.

I know a group of guys who are fond of a small charity, financially supports its entire running costs.

Similarly the punters, who like BC so much and wants to support it, should visit it more often and just pay double the amount on their bill. That way the BC will have extra income with same number of punters without building the extension and it can continue in business. And everyone lives happily ever after.

Ooooh, difficult. I don't know which way to go. Snorky ... everyone else ... Snorky ..... everyone else. Poss leaning towards Snorky's side at the mo'. Not that I don't think the original post is illegitimate either. (work that one out).