Nursery recommendations - Athenlay Road - Nunhead/Peckham Rye

K4ti

Hi,

We are shorty moving to Athenlay Rd and I am looking for a nursery for my 1 yr old. I know there will be a waiting list which is fine as we don't need it yet.

Can anyone recommend any in the local area? I have been to Puddleduck which but haven't heard of any others and would like to compare?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
We live at the top of Ivydale just by Athenlay and have an 18 month old. There is a church on the corner which has a nursery- directly across the street from you. I can't believe I cannot think of the name of it but we put our little boy's name down to start in January. It seems like a great place and I really like the head. Heard great things about Colourbox and Puddleducks as well. I wasn't mad on Asquith. Not sure why just got an odd feeling from it.

When I went to Little Climbers (over 6 years ago now, it must be said) I was a little put off as the staff seemed to have quite a religious approach - I think she said they read a bible story each day. (Couldn't decide if I liked that or not but think it could put some off.) But I was more put off by the notices by the front door about charges for late pick-ups. I know all nurseries have the right to charge but putting the notice outside the front door just seemed a little heavy handed.

Strangely in the 7 years I've had kids in the area and lived 100 yards away, I've never known anyone whose kids have gone there. Could just be a strange coincidence.