Plumber recommendation

Linzi_77

Just had Niko over to fix a leaking pipe in my kitchen, although he also sorted my washing machine out whilst he was here. He called me back less than half an hour after I texted him, and was very flexible about when he could come to do the work. A thoroughly friendly, likeable guy and an extremely reasonable bill as well. I'd have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him and I'll definitely use him again. :)

I found Niko's number on this thread after having a bit of a nightmare with other plumbers. Just had to sign up to echo everyone else's praises. I called Niko on Thursday about a leak and he was round today to fix it (on a Sunday), as well as a couple of other bits. He's a really nice guy who's easy to get on with, clearly knows what he's doing and charges very reasonable rates. I will definitely be calling him again next time things go wrong.

Another recommendation for Niko from me. Saw the great feedback on here and called him. He came straight round (literally was here in 10mins) and fixed the problem we had with our loo. Great guy and very reasonably priced. Will definitely be using him again for any plumbing work we need.

I called Niko on the basis of this thread and was very happy to be rewarded with a return call within 30 mins and great service at a very reasonable price. The job was to move some pipes before a new back door was fitted on the Weds (the fitters had actually brought the date forward so it was very short notice and my usual plumber was in Ireland for Easter.) Niko came out to see the job on the Sunday, also gave me advice about a bad leak from the bathroom shower screen and a quick solution -and returned to complete the jobs on the Tuesday in advance of the door fitting. As a single female meeting him in an empty house, I trusted him from the initial phone conversation and was happy to give him keys so he could do the job whilst I was out. Very nice copper pipework fitted to the most uneven wall possible - will definitely call him for future work. So big recommendation from me. His no is 07818607583.

Niko is a top bloke and a great plumber. I think most of the comments above are unanimous in praise - and I will join them. Niko is both a philosopher and plumber - and makes the normally unpleasant and overpriced experience of sorting out water-related matters at home both stimulating and low cost. A great combination.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw all the above and called him. He came round 20 mins later after he had finished a job and gave an estimate to install our new toilet. We made an appointment and he did the work today AND cleared up and swept up.

Highly recommend Niko! (Philosopher AND Motorcyclist. Though he drives a van for work because all them tools wouldn;t fit on even his bike bike!)

Another recommendation for Niko. We had two leaky taps, he came very quickly and fixed one easily and the other tricky one he came back to fix at a later date as promised with the right tools. The job ended up taking longer than expected but he stuck to the quote which was a relief.

His number is 07818 607583.

Have called niko on basis of this thread recommendation in the afternoon for emergency leak in my rented property He was quite helpful and managed to get to the job within an hour and efficiently dealt with it. V professional and time efficient. I have already asked him for other jobs. Trustworthy and reliable.

Thanks niko tel. 07818607583

Amal

• 2 weeks later...
Just had Nico out for a tricky toilet problem where we had been told we would need a new toilet as parts are not available in the UK for this model. Nico saved us the cost and hassle of having to do this by being very creative in making a new part for it. V reasonable charges too. Would certainly recommend. Thanks Nico!

• 2 weeks later...

One more recommendation for niko.

Called on Friday night, he came around on Saturday and removed an old pipe that was causing us grief.

Friendly and good value as well as super speedy response and service. Would definitely use him again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Niko. On very short notice he visited to assess our broken shower and came back within 24 hours to fit a new one (both visits out of hours but cost still very reasonable). He's done a very good job, with no mess etc.

As Saila says, not easy to get a plumber with his credentials these days.

Niko: 07818607583

I add my recc for Nikko. He came around last week to look into why my sink has been blocking. I knew the plumbing was a little unusual but didn't know exactly what the problem was. Nikko managed to work out what was going where, not so easy and the previous plumber had got that bit totally wrong, and he's come up with a solution which should sort it out for good and isn't going to cost the earth (well, haven't had it done yet, but that's what he's told me so I've got my hopes up!). Anyway, it was a relief to get a good understanding of what was causing the stubborn blocks, that's half the stress gone, and he came on a Saturday, which was great.

My regular plumber recently retired and I contacted Nikko on the strength of the recommendations here and he was really good and helpful. He did a great job, very tidy and had lots of useful advice as well. Definitely did over and above and didn't charge me for the parts he had to buy for my job but didn't need to use all of. I'll definitely use Nikko again in future.

• 4 months later...

DFH75 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Niko is a top bloke and a great plumber. I think

> most of the comments above are unanimous in praise

> - and I will join them. Niko is both a philosopher

> and plumber - and makes the normally unpleasant

> and overpriced experience of sorting out

> water-related matters at home both stimulating and

> low cost. A great combination.

Niko just came round (same day I called him) sorted out a blocked sink no fuss. Recommendations-wise I think this previous post pretty much nails it!

After having seen all the recommendations on this forum I obviously called Niko to sort out a leaking pipe from the basin in our bathroom. I called him on Tuesday this week and incredibly he came round and fixed the problem within 2 hours! I wasn't in but explained the problem over the phone. My wife, who was at home when he came round said he was very friendly and professional. Problem sorted and at a very competitive rate compared with what many plumbers might charge, even though it was a quick job to do. I'll certainly be calling Niko again if I need any plumbing work.

Archived