Re: LaLa Land ED Film Club: A social meetup for locals: Sat 14th Jan 2017

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that our next meeting is soon approaching - Friday 19th July.

We'll meet in the evening at The Rye Pub and head down to the Peckham Plex to watch a film for the bargain price of ?5. Then head back to the Rye for some drinks. Exact timings will be confirmed nearer the time, once the cinema have published film times.

For those of you who haven't been before, Film club is a really good laugh! It just consists of meeting lovely local people and having drinks and watching a film together. Every meeting has been a real success with new people coming every time.

pm me with any questions or hope to see you there! Watch this thread for timing updates.

Louisa x

• 2 weeks later...

Details of this months Film Club:

Meet at The Rye pub (31 Peckham Rye) at 19:30 for some pre-film drinks

Leave the Rye at 20:10 to walk to the the Peckham Plex cinema and buy tickets

The Film 'The World's End' starts at 20:35

More drinks at the Rye afterwards!

The film has excellent reviews (94% on rotten tomatoes) and should give us all a laugh! I'll put some blurb about it at the end of this post.

Absolutely everyone welcome, young, old, singles, couples. We have new people coming every time so don't be shy! Pm me with any questions and hope to see you on Friday. Louisa

The World's End

Director Edgar Wright and actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reunite for a third film following the successes ?Shaun of the Dead? (2004) and ?Hot Fuzz? (2007).

In ?The World?s End,? 20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hellbent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by Gary King (Simon Pegg), a 40-year-old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their hometown and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub ? The World?s End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realise the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind?s. Reaching The World?s End is the least of their worries.

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about coming along tonight, I have never been before and am a little nervous about turning up on my own.

Will be great to meet some new people so if I am looking a little shy and standing on my own please someone give me a big wave!

Looking forward to meeting you all

Laura

Thanks to everyone who came to Film Club last night. It was great to see familiar faces and new ones!

Hope you recommend the film to all your friends to go and watch! I'll post the next meeting date soon. Remember to watch family fortunes tonight......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sat 26th is also the EDF meet up so we could always pop to their meeting after the film if we feel like it!

For anyone that has never been to film club before:

We meet at the rye pub and walk down to peckham Plex for the bargain ?5 cinema ticket! After the film we go for drinks in the rye again, but perhaps this time we'll find the ever popular 'meet new people in east Dulwich', probably at the EDT. Let's play it by ear.

We always have new people at each meeting so don't be shy, it would be lovely to see you!

• 2 weeks later...

That's great Anna - will be lovely to meet you both!

There's a good mix of couples and people coming on their own so we always have a good mix!

Hopefully see some other new faces on Saturday.

There are some good films out at the moment so fingers crossed for a good one!

L