Re: LaLa Land ED Film Club: A social meetup for locals: Sat 14th Jan 2017

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I thought I'd arrange a meet-up for Sat 28th June in the evening.

It's been a while and would be great to see some familiar and new faces.

As soon as the Peckham Plex publish their film times I'll post more details.

For those who've never been: we are a bunch of friendly locals who meet for a drink at The Rye pub and then wonder down to the Peckham Plex for a ?5 film.

Very sociable and easy going!

Pm me with any questions!

Louisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just posting to remind everyone Film Club is this Sat 28th June. We'll be meeting in the Rye pub in the evening. I'm keeping a close eye on the films and will pick one as soon as they've published the timings.

Keep an eye on this thread for meeting time at the pub!

L

Hi All,

The Plex have published their films so I've picked the one which had the best reviews which is 'Chef'. It looks fun and isn't a chick flick so I thought the men would enjoy it as well!

Let's meet in The Rye pub from 7:20pm. I'll either have my film clacker board with me (I'm worried I've lost it) or a film club sign.

The film starts at 8:35, so we will leave the pub at 8:10.your choice if you'd like to get your ticket in advance or get it on the night at the cinema.

Louisa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Next Film Club will be Sat 30th August in the eve.

We'll meet at The Rye Hotel Pub and then walk down to the Peckham Plex.

As soon as films and times are published, I'll give exact times. It will probably be a few days before hand.

You can either buy your ticket in advance, or get it on the night.

We are a very friendly sociable crowd who meet for a drink and then a film. We sometimes go for a drink afterwards.

New people come everytime so if you haven't been before you're very welcome.

Hope to see you there, Louisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've looked at the films that are on this Sat, and the best choice seems to be The Keeper of Lost Causes. It scored 4/5 on Total Film, so should be good, or at least acceptable!

I've copied the review at the bottom of this post.

The film starts at 8:35 at the Plex, so let's meet at 19:15 in the Rye Pub. We'll probably be inside, I'll have the clacker board with me and I'll post on here where I'm sitting.

We'll leave the pub at about 20:10 to walk to the cinema and get tickets. Feel free to buy your ticket in advance!

PM me with any questions. Everyone is welcome, as usual!! There's always someone new each time so if you're not sure about whether to come, I promise everyone is super friendly!

See you 7:15 on Sat!

Louisa

The Keeper of Lost Causes:

Get your latest fix of Scandi noir with this punchy adaptation of the first novel in Jussi Adler-Olsen?s Department Q series, in which disgruntled Danish cop Carl M?rck (Nikolaj Lie Kaas) picks up a forgotten case of a woman (Sonja Richter) who went missing five years ago. Needless to say, she?s still alive and enduring a fate that makes Lisbeth Salander?s life look like a bed of roses.

While the plot toys with credibility, director Mikkel N?rgaard (Borgen) conjures a squalid atmosphere ? the stuff of real nightmares. This is so grimly compelling that even if you want to look away, you won?t be able to.