Did anyone else see the man in a cheerleaders skirt and crop top cycling down East Dulwich Road?

I'm sure I didn't imagine him.

A man with flowing greying locks, bra top, black & gold ra-ra type skirt, black strappy sandals with cute kitten heels, cycling down East Dulwich Road, in his late 50's, on a man's bike, around 2.30 this afternoon?

Come on someone else must have seen him.

If it was any of you lot, it is time to own up.

It was indeed Dulwichmum. She was on her daily Meths run down to Terry's DIY.

Interestingly she got very confused when Sean's DIY changed to Terry's DIY, cycling straight past it and not realising her mistake until she reached Willesden. Luckily there is a B&Q in that area so she was able to access a bottle of "the blue" before wobbling back.

I see him all the time, mainly waltzing down clapham high street - I think it's fabulous, we could do with a bit more colour in our lives, lest we slip into dull carbon copies of each other. Maybe he could give style tips to the hideous excuse for a clothes store that is 'white stuff' - could be worse, we could all dress like that!

Beej Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I see him all the time, mainly waltzing down

> clapham high street - I think it's fabulous, we

> could do with a bit more colour in our lives, lest

> we slip into dull carbon copies of each other.

> Maybe he could give style tips to the hideous

> excuse for a clothes store that is 'white stuff' -

> could be worse, we could all dress like that!

I didn't know it was him. I worked in Clapham High St some time ago and if it's the same guy he volunteered in a charity shop there. He'd be in some days in regular male casual dress and then just turn up in A dress. Could see that he puzzled a lot of the local youth, I heard them use harsh words about him, and considering the proximity of the haves and have nots in the area he was a brave man to even consider it. The buffer zone there is a lot smaller than in ED and he was potentially risking verbal/physical abuse by paddling his own canoe in this particular style.

On the other hand he may have been using the logic of the writer Tom whatsisface (Bonfire Of The Vanities) who always struts around even the meanest of streets in a white suit, hat and cane. He reckons that if you look very different then you are safer than if you try to conform.

Anyway, I'm glad he's still aropund.

You must mean this fella...

We see him/her in our office all the time. Apparently we did a splash on her - front page I should clarify... - a few years ago when Ian, I think he calls himself, lost a load of cash.

He'd spent all the money he got for a house he'd sold after getting squatters' rights and then "invested" it in a autobiography, which bombed. I think that was the story anyway.

Great picture eh? Look closely...

I was reading my book outside Black Cherry when my eyes were drawn to an unfeasibly short skirted (wo)man with legs akimbo, breezing down towards East Dulwich Grove on a sit up & beg push bike. The sun was shining & the assembled males outside the Bish offered up a spontaneous encore of wolf whistles........ Quite a site to behold.

I once met him at a party in Vauxhall square years ago. We had a chat and he seemed like the most normal guy in the world, really nice and interesting. Just goes to show.( not sure what- maybe, dont judge a book...)