Seen Anyone Famous In East Dulwich?

fish

Are we name-dropping? I saw one of those cool-as-a-cucumber blonde actresses of a certain age in Barnes wetlands once... we were both pushing children in buggies and exchanged empathetic smiles. And we bought some riding gear from the same sales assistant as Jennifer Saunders and Adrian Edmondson(?) in Harrod's once. And Paul Merton used to lurk around Lavender Hill/Seven Sisters Road... 'cos he lived there... Oh, sorry, "ED"....

I know the Divine Ms Agutter used to live locally - Camberwell Grove IIRC - but thought she had moved out to Cornwall or somewhere?

Fans of "The Railway Children" - the greatest kids' film ever cos it has both Ms A. and steam engines in it - may be intrigued to know that there is to be a new stage version this summer at the NRM in York, featuring a real steam engine onstage!

Oooh, might have to go and see that as I can pretty much recite the film from memory.

BTW I think she had a piece of lemon cake and a coffee - not my personal choice given the availability of scones, but that's celebrities for you. Have also seen her in ED Sainsburys.

Funnily enough my very own father used to spoil the end of the film for me by saying precisely that phrase just before she did, with a strangely ecstatic look on his face.

Just decided I'm going to walk away from deconstructing that one.

Ms B Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Funnily enough my very own father used to spoil

> the end of the film for me by saying precisely

> that phrase just before she did, with a strangely

> ecstatic look on his face.

>

> Just decided I'm going to walk away from

> deconstructing that one.

Although there may be some Freudians on the board who might want to lend a hand.

But perhaps you have the right instinct, and are going with her other filum 'Walkabout'.

Good idea.

Ms B Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> La la la la la (fingers in ears).

Quite right Ms B. I'm sorry I brought it up.

Though I think the La la las might refer to an Al Green song which will stand you in good stead on the Song Game thread.

I saw a couple of K-list celebs when I lived in East Dulwich. Steven Frost a couple of times in Sainsburys. Oh, and the guy who used to play the bearded teacher in Grange Hill - and played a builder once in Fawlty Towers. That was the first time I ever went to Sainsburys at Dog Kennel Hill, one Sunday afternoon in 1995.

James Nesbitt has been a familiar face around ED for a little while, he used to live in Melbourne Grove near the church untill he moved to West Dulwich alongside the likes of Harriet Harman etc.