Theatre - anything on worth seeing?

wee quinnie

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Really enjoyed Oslo at the Harold Pinter Theatre. It's the story of the unofficial talks organised by Norwegian diplomats between the Israelis and Palestinians in the early 1990s that led to the Oslo peace accords. Very witty script which I wasn't expecting given the subject matter, only slight downside is it's about 3 hours long.

If you'd seen the play you would know what I mean.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> English person's view of N. Ireland

> Would this be different from a Welsh or Scottish

> view? The UK is not just England...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

wee quinnie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Re..The Ferryman....i would avoid it if you are

> from Northern Ireland. There is a lot of very non

> believable stuff and wrong details...grating.

Didn't see the Ferryman, but am going to see Brian Friel's Translations at the National in a couple of weeks. More Irish / English angst. I'm off to Donegal this weekend to get myself in character...

• 2 weeks later...
Consent at the Harold Pinter Theatre is worth checking out. The early scenes are about a rape case, but the bulk of the play is about the lawyers who worked on it and the knock-on effects on their partners and relationships. Despite the subject it's laugh out loud funny, but makes some good points as well.

• 1 year later...
Just saw Girl from the North Country, the Bob Dylan musical which is back in the West End and is as good as everybody says. I'm not a musicals person and only know Dylan's greatest hits but I loved it - story's not the most upbeat but the cast have fantastic voices and the music is stunning.

Just agreeing with the views on Consent, wondering why it was still on but then seeing the pist is two years old when I saw it. During the New Year's sale was surprised how little I want to see in the West End. The Comedy about the Bank Robbery is no doubt still excellent. I go less and less to the West End as prices generally silly or you are up in the Gods and do the Brockley Jack from time to time. Seetickets send me offers including some good stuff off the West End eg Park Theatre. Women in Black is excellent in the West End.