Recommendation for a plumber - Niko

Ella-Rose Ukairo

I also found Niko on this forum! I needed a plumber for a difficult job at my work studio. After a couple of plumbers turned up and didn't bother providing a quote, Niko arrived and spent over an hour investigating the job before providing an affordable quote. The quality of the work is great and he offered lots of useful advice for keeping everything maintained. Highly recommended!

Niko was very helpful with giving my leaking shower and went the extra mile to squeeze in another job within the hour to keep costs down. 
I would definitely use him again for attending to my rental flat issues and repairs. Very friendly and professional as well!

I wanted to give a recommendation for Niko (who does plumbing as well as general household repairs.)  He promptly  came to unblock a shared drain in my first floor flat which could have caused flooding if it had not been attended to quickly (this has happened in the past).  It was quite a big job as the the blocked drain is hard to access and was originally fitted with only a shallow incline which causes blockages every few years.  Niko had to access other flats in the building to complete the job and politely kept all the neighbours informed and gave advice on avoiding the problem in the future. A few years ago  Niko also repaired a leaking pipe and replaced the sealant  around the kitchen sink which is still looking good!  He has also done repairs for other flats in the building. Niko is professional, very knowledgable and can be reached on 07818 607583.

Edited by lorcan
name spelt incorrectly

Also highly recommend Niko. Skilled, knowledgeable, efficient, responsive and very personable. Good value too. He was able to fix my shower at short notice when several others told me it would be weeks to wait. He’s got plenty of business but will always do his best to fit you in. 

Another rec for Niko. He was very responsive and called before coming round. Fixed my broken washing machine pipe and gave great advice of how to dry out the damp floorboards etc.  will def be calling for any future plumbing or fever so issues!

Not at all surprised to see the number of people recommending Niko. He came to look at leak at my place, and gave me extensive advice on how to fix it, along with several other things too. Super friendly, very much treats your problems as his problems. Listens, offers advice, flexible, and not pushy with it. 100% now my go to guy for anything I think he's done before.

I highly recommend Niko. He has done three jobs for me, two of which other plumbers had not been able to fix previously. He is the best plumber I have come across. His prices are reasonable, he turns up when he says he will and he is friendly and kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Niko deserves every good review because he is the best plumber I have ever come across!

He is the friendliest, most accessible person who responds quickly and his charges are very decent.

Most importantly, he has always tries to find a way to manage the situation without resorting to expensive fixes...if he can help you out he will.   He came round yesterday and sorted a quick repair on my shower after I expected to replace the whole thing!

As others have said, he also gives extra advice on looking after other aspects of your plumbing to avoid unnecessary problems.

Very reassuring man!

I have just had Nico make light work of a job that another plumber wouldn't touch.  Quite tricky - he had to cut out an unsaveably-blocked cast iron P trap welded onto my pretty ancient cast iron bath tub.  Somehow managed in the dark, dusty, cramped space available to achieve it without cracking the cast iron bath tub.  He is now fixing a new plastic P trap.  Punctual, tidy.  Recommend highly.

Nico made light work of a fiddly job which had been tried and rejected by another plumber.  He saved my lovely old cast iron bath tub by managing to saw off the silted-up P trap which had been welded it onto it.  Had he been a bit gung ho, he could have made the bath crack with the vibrations.  He was extremely professional, punctual realistic and generally pleasant.  And he helpfully pointed our some other plumbing red flags for me to keep an eye one.  Recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Niko.

He responded to my call (on a Saturday) and came out on Monday and did the job. Having thought we might have no hot water by the end of the week we’re all sorted. 

Niko was pleasant and professional throughout, turned up with the part needed, fitted it and fixed the problem. He gave advice on replacement boiler options - something we’ll need to do. 

We’ll definitely contact Niko for a quote when the time comes to replace the boiler or for any other plumbing needs. 

You can contact Niko on 07818 607583. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Niko who we have used on a number of occasions for different jobs. A super plumber, ever helpful and completely trustworthy. He undertook some work recently, toilet and sink. Very fairly and transparently priced. He even fixed a broken plug socket without prompting! can’t praise his work high enough 

We used Niko recently as a second opinion after we were ill-advised that our kitchen sink needed to be replaced. As suspected, the previous plumber had done a poor job and was trying to wrangle a bigger job out of us. It was very easy dealing with Niko who was genuine and clearly knew what he was doing and talking about. A quick fix from Niko saved us hundreds of pounds! Highly recommend.

• 5 months later...

SO many different threads for Niko!   

This one seems to have the most posts so here is another one...

Niko is awesome, super-helpful, decent, easily available and the best plumber bar none.

Thanks again Niko!

• 1 month later...