Did you vote in the Local Elections?

trinidad

You have cited CPZ and LTNs in your comments previously.

Anyway, sure you can ask those canvassing what their position is. Personally I haven't been canvassed by anyone other than Labour - which makes you wonder whether any of the other candidates are actually wanting to stand and what they'd do if they got elected.

It?s was good to be reminded that in general, Conservative policies like shipping asylum seekers to Rwanda aren?t supported in Dulwich. Interestingly no comment from local Conservative candidates though- like they?re trying to distance themselves from the party they?ve chosen to stand for and are thus endorsing.

northernmonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

''Interestingly no comment from local Conservative candidates though- like they?re trying to distance themselves from the party they?ve chosen to stand for and are thus endorsing.''

Some London Tory groups have gone further...https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/london-local-elections-2022-conservative-candidates-partygate-b995491.html

Partygate is a deeply local issue - local people were adhering to the rules in sometimes desperately harrowing circumstances, while Johnson was breaking them and then lying about it. There are some things so grievous in public life that they can't simply be sidelined.

I might have missed something, but I'm still waiting for the local council election Conservative candidates views on this local issue.

DulvilleRes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

" There are some things so grievous in public life that they can't simply be sidelined."

grievous issues in local politics too like acess for blue badge holders

I really don?t agree DulvilleRes. I want my local councillors to focus on local issues/ in fact I?d prefer the council generally to focus much more on the local issues within their remit and spend less time passing motions about subjects that they have no responsibility for or control over. In fact if I had my way all the councillors would be independent, and being a councillor wouldn?t be seen as a route into central government politics.

Completely agree that Boris should go, but that?s something I?ll use my general election vote for when the time comes. If we all keep using our votes in local elections to register views on unspecified aspects of central government, then local government becomes less and less accountable (which seems to me to be what has happened). If people want my view on central government policy they can conduct an opinion poll.

We need more democracy/ accountability at a local level.

Labour flyer through the door (Goose Green Ward) this week, appreciate that its not the full manifesto but no mention of LTN's - not exactly conviction politics is it?

Nothing from the other parties (any of them).

Not sure who is the least bad...