Waterloo Pub

Lordlordship

Jacks is great on week nights, never been on a Saturday. It's on Isabella Street and is often packed (in the week) so reserve some space. Depends what sort of night out you want really, and how close to Waterloo. If you want to be close to the station there's not much choice, could try The Stage Door, tucked behind the Old Vic or there's a latino type bar on the corner of lower marsh (but haven't been there in yonks so no idea what it's like now.) or the Fire Station but you need to be the kind of person that likes that kind of place or you'll hate it. Like Marmite.

Cassius Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For a real 'pub' pub there is always the Hole in

> the Wall - bit rough and ready but can be a lot of

> fun.......... and very close to the station.

xxxxxxx

Rough and ready is an understatement, but it does have good ale :)

Am I the only guy who still likes the Cuban bar? The one thats been doing Mojitos for 25 years and which is always a mix of blow-in suits and latino regulars. And which i think has deactivated AK 47's on the wall under a portrait of Che.

StraferJack Wrote:

> White Hart is nice enough but it's the same M&B

> template that gives you Plough/Phoenix in SE22.

> So, same food and beers

Definitely not for food, no. Not sure where you'll get a better selection of beers in Waterloo, though.

Sue Wrote:

> Cassius Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > For a real 'pub' pub there is always the Hole

> in

> > the Wall - bit rough and ready but can be a lot

> of

> > fun.......... and very close to the station.

>

> xxxxxxx

>

> Rough and ready is an understatement, but it does

> have good ale :)

I can remember in the 70s meeting musicians from the Royal Festival Hall popping into the Hole in the Wall for a quick half time pint between symphonies - t'was really rough then but their DJs added some class, even if the speed with which they downed their beer didn't