Mortgage Adviser recommendations..

Interesting to hear all the positive feedback for L&C.

We used L&C and had a very poor experience. In the initial consultation I specifically explained that I wasn't a British National and asked if this would be a problem. I was told it wouldnt be and he would ensure that he wouldn't use any banks or building societies where it would be. The mortgage that was recommended was from a small Northern building society which I'd never heard have. We had the deposit and qualified for the mortgage but 5 weeks into the process he told me that we'd been declined as I wasn't a British National. The whole deal almost fell through because of this as the vendor was getting extremely restless. I felt that L&C were very pushy in selling mortgage and contents insurance as well. They were calling me several times a week trying to sell me products that were no used to me if the deal didn't go ahead!

I ended up dealing with Halifax directly who were brilliant. Sorted everything in 2 weeks and able to offer me a much better rate than what L&C had initially found for me. I much preferred dealing dirtectly with the bank as I was able to find out exactly what was going on without using L&C.

Good luck with your purchase!

Good luck!

Archived