Phone Number to report a car blocking your driveway?

Can anyone help? A car is blocking our driveway, (dropped kerb) and I can't get my car out. I need to know who I report it to in order for it to be moved. The number I had is no longer working and the replacement number has no answer. I've already had to cancel an appointment this afternoon because I can't get out. Southwark website didn't help.

Thanks!

SCSB79 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it an offence to block someone in or someone

> out?

> I thought there were differing rules on that..

>

> Sorry I can't be of use, just wanted to know which

> one was the one you can get towed for.

Overly simplified but: blocking in, yes, blocking out, no.

The police non emergency number.

Btw, there is another fairly recent thread on this.

Thank you. I contacted southwark council who said that as of 1st May they no longer remove cars. Have left message with safer neighbourhood team and tried contacting local police, but lines were busy with people reporting what i imagine are proper crimes. Hopefully the owner will have moved it by tomorrow.

tomo Wrote:

Hopefully the owner will have moved

> it by tomorrow.

xxxxxx

You could leave a (polite or rude, depending on your mood) note on the windscreen asking the driver not to block you in again?

Polite may have a better chance of success though, I guess :)

Are you sure the car blocking your drive is parked?

It could be a driver caught up in local traffic due to the 20mph limits, the proliferation of Pelican crossings, priority for cyclists and kamikaze jay-walking mothers.

Is the car's engine still running and is there a skeleton in the driver's seat?

silverfox Wrote:

> Are you sure the car blocking your drive is

> parked?

>

> It could be a driver caught up in local traffic

> due to the 20mph limits, the proliferation of

> Pelican crossings, priority for cyclists and

> kamikaze jay-walking mothers.

>

> Is the car's engine still running and is there a

> skeleton in the driver's seat?

Well, has anyone been 'round to see if the driver's OK?

I couldn't live with myself if I didn't alert someone or other.

I'm unable to attend myself 'cause'a an prior engagement.

'The Builders' & 'The Germans'.

Goddamyou Fawlty Towers + Peroni.

Will you never leave me alone?

Car was eventually moved last night around 8.30pm. In case this happens to anyone else, the safer neighbourhood number is the one to report it to. They came round this morning to get my 'version of events' and were going to speak to the owner.

No line painted, just a dropped kerb. The SNT fella said that it was an offence to block a car in, in such a driveway but not to block the drive when there is no car there. That was just inconsiderate.

Laur Wrote:

> How about if a house has a drive but no dropped

> kerb?(and hasn't had a dropped kerb for years),

> can you park in front?

Actually, it is an offence to drive over a footway/pavement without a proper dropped kerb (aka legally constructed footway crossing).

Maybe the driver parked there as a protest against the loss of street parking due to front garden parking spaces?

Not the OP fault but I can't help thinking that it is an incredible waste of police time and scarce resources for them to have to deal with very minor parking infringements in a time when we do not even have a police stn here, and JB et al are concerned about police travel time to and frm this area. What say you JB?

Interesting point SL-offence if drive over pavement without a dropped kerb - what about the van parked on the pavement outside ED Stn selling coffee? There isn't a dropped kerb there I don't think but the Council must sanction that I guess. Another one for JB?

He didn't park there in protest, he came round to apologise and thank me for not slashing his tyres (this is what he said he would have done if it had been him!) He just didn't notice that there was a car there. In addition we haven't turned our front garden into a parking space, it's a legitimate drive that led to a garage.

I agree that it is a waste of police time, however I had no idea how long the car was to be parked there and needed to use my car, what else was I supposed to do? I think the council used to deal with such issues, but as I mentioned earlier they no longer deal with this as of 1st May.