Is East Dulwich Becoming Too Posh? (Lounged)

fish

True BarryMarshall - I worry too much about what people think.

Whilst clothes dont HAVE to say anything about you the fact is to many people they do.

We all judge someone on their outward appearance whether subconciously or not. Or whether we like to admit it or not.

For example, if I wore a grass skirt and flowers round my neck on the 8.35 train in you would not think "MrBen is an investment banker". You would more likely think think "Labour's Care in the community is not working" or " there is a native Zulu warrior going to London Bridge".

Barry- you me and the suits. Tomorrow night. Inside 72. Be there.

* against my better judgement *

Maurice - stand by what you like but at least enter into the debate if someone makes some points back at you

Your quote above describes perfectly the Northern Rock fiasco,a point I've already made to you, but you seem to reserve special bile for "renters" (or tenants as the civilised world likes to call them)

As for the suit thing, I find it hard to remember a time when a suit was considered compulsory for work - so now I ocassionally wear one just for effect. I love a good suit but prefer wearing when I'm not obliged to

Suits are like swear words (see my just-posted comments on the swear word thread) - depends who is using them and why

?Suits are like swear words.? Nice comparison.

I see them as a necessary evil. A well cut suit is always comfortable but I have never liked conforming so I do subtle things to make myself feel rebellious (sad I know). For instance today I am wearing a pinstripe suit but I have pictures of Elvis on my cufflinks and a skull and crossbones on my tie. How cool am I? B):-S

I don?t mind going out in Westminster after work in my suit but I always feel uncomfortable and out of place wearing one in ED. I will always make the effort to go home and change when I go out locally.

Brendan - you suffer from the same suit in ED problem I do. The answer is to come and "suit bomb" inside 72 tomorrow night. BarryMarshall is also coming. I shall be wearing a single breasted, single vented navy blue mohair number cut beautifully on Saville Row for my 38 inch chest with about an inch showing at the cuff.

And a silk tie from Kilgour.

See you there. You corporate warrior you.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As for the suit thing, I find it hard to remember

> a time when a suit was considered compulsory for

> work - so now I ocassionally wear one just for

> effect. I love a good suit but prefer wearing

> when I'm not obliged to

>

> Suits are like swear words (see my just-posted

> comments on the swear word thread) - depends who

> is using them and why

Agree with you on this Sean ... Being in the meejah I don't have to wear a suit for work except if I;m out to lunch or meeting with someone - but it is nice now and again to dust off the old two-piece.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I shall be wearing a single breasted,

> single vented navy blue mohair number cut

> beautifully on Saville Row for my 38 inch chest

> with about an inch showing at the cuff.

>

> And a silk tie from Kilgour.

>

I shall be donning my dark charcoal grey number, crisp white shirt and black silk tie. Cufflinks are some old relics my ex-missus's Dad gave me: made of gold and with South African Tiger's Eyey stones.

I really like wearing a jacket, even if it is a corduroy affair. Unfort, I can rarely get one to fit me properly due to my height and long arms. The large ones tend to billow out at the back. But a good fitting suit can be very empowering and can make you feel hot and cool at teh same time. Nero

• 1 year later...