ED Pub Crawl. 26th July.

Brendan

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if you avoid late night at weekends Bishop is

> fine.

Thanks Sean - I was beginning to think I was out on my own there...

So did you collect your ?50 in the end on Friday? ;-)

I sure did - gawblessyoumaaam for being so predictable ;-)

And the Bishop did win the best pub awards on this forum recently so I don't think you are that out on your own Strawbs. The thing is I know exactly what keef is talking about and sometimes I feel the same way too but I have had some cracking times in there as well. But it can be well lairy on a Fri or Sat night and I tend to avoid

Also I was minding my own business in the window seats recently and one of the manager guys saw me eating the new-fangled crisps they have in there and asked me what I thought of the cheese and onion versions. I said I hadn't seen those and he gave me fresh batch gratis - I mean it wasn't random, he knows I spend money in there but it was still a nice touch. And at Bishop prices that was nearly worth another ?50 ;-)

As for Liqourish - I am partial to their pancakes, syrup and fruit brunch when I have a hangover. They also do a "Players" breakfast, on the menu, which consists of black coffee, a cigarette and a whisky I believe....

There should be a themed drink in every pub... real ale in the Palmerston, red wine in G&B... Something liquorice tasting (jager?) in Liqourish, Black Cherry cocktail in the Black Cherry... pint of wife-beater in the Mag.

How about we make a list of pubs that we would really like to have en-route?

For me the Gowlette, CPT and Drum rate highest with the Plough and George Canning coming in as strong contenders too. The rest I can take or leave. There is nowhere I won?t go.

Excellent plan Brendan, definitely up for crawling.

David has perhaps forgotten that we are crawling around breweries in Czech Republic last week of July and first week August so won't be able to make it if it was August forum drinks on the 1st.

However maybe an ambitious plan for a friday night??? Originally I was imagining an afternoon to evening, especially if we are to manage Keef's route!

There's no way it could be an evening thing if we were gong to do more than just Lordship Lane... I was imagining meeting in The Plough at opening time on a Saturday, and finishing gone midnight, with those brave souls who made it through then heading to Kebab & Wine! :)-D

For a smaller version, I am liking Brendan's choices (CPT, Drum, Plough, Gowlett, George Canning). Only problem being the distance between them all.

If we were doing the Gowlett, I might have to insist on a visit to The Wishing Well on Bellenden! Myself, Mrs Keef, and Jah Lush had a very nice post Ganapatti drink in there a while ago.

Hannah I think you are right. This will have to be a Saturday as I doubt it will be possible on a Friday. Keefs entire route will require 2 days followed by a visit to the emergency room.

Any thoughts on this route?

1. Canning

2. Hoopers

3. Gowlette

4. EDT, Bishop or Black Cherry

5. Drum

6. Uplands

7. CPT

8. Plough

Onion, Bobby, you will only have to run if there is someone chasing you.

I am coming! And If I don't like any of you lot I could always lose you between the pubs eh?

And no photos, I don't do kodak moments.

How many drinks will we be having per pub? or do we have a time limit in each pub?

I like details see.

I shall be bringing friends. You might dislike them as one lives in Camberwell, one in New Cross, and one in Brockley. Not everyone can be as posh as us East Dulwich lot but it is not their fault where they live.

Heidi