Appetite (no pun intended) for a Japanese on Lordship Lane... ?

Asha22

The Sushi Lady was an asset. When I was in London of a Saturday, I'd trundle up and pick out two of her boxes for both of our lunch. I miss her.

If the person thinking of sushi makes an effort to sell into Camberwell as well as along Lordship Lane, (s)he might do quite well, it seems to me. To offer delivery at lunchtimes should be considered: A few young folks on mopeds? Or even a stall outside King's College Hospital weekday noons --

Fantastic idea, and the sooner the better! :)

Asha22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi all,

>

> A somewhat speculative post, however a good friend

> is considering opening up a high quality Japanese

> restaurant on or around Lordship Lane (subject to

> finding the right site). Lots of fresh sushi,

> sashimi, Asian salads and hot dishes etc.

>

> Embryonic at this stage however interested to see

> if people would value this cuisine locally?

>

> All perspectives valuable. Many thanks in advance!

Thank you all very much indeed for the dynamic and insightful reception...seemingly an insatiable appetite for Japanese!! I've been a rather unproductive 1-man lobby to date so hopefully this post provides the critical mass required to nudge from idea to execution :-)

I think as long as it was good value and good food it would be a great hit; I for one would visit regularly! Some Japanese / Sushi places in London are ridiculously expensive and for mediocre food.

Perhaps a trial stall at the market off Lordship Lane on Saturday morning would give you an idea of how popular it would be?

• 1 month later...