Ganipati to open takeaway in Maxted road

louisemurray

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry edcam, shitty day and clearly a humour

> bypass switch engaged. Plus your post could easily

> have been a serious post on this forum.

>

> My bad.

No worries - I really wasn't serious. Thanks for your gentlemanly post.

edcam Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > When it does open could someone please ask them

> > how far they will deliver to. I'm the Forest

> Hill

> > end of Sydenham, and would love to be able to

> > order from this when it's open.

>

>

> Anything else we can do for you Otta? Cover you

> at work for the rest of the week maybe? Wash your

> car?

I thought that was quite funny actually - and assumed it was meant to be. Otta did not take it well tho. That was even funnier.

StraferJack Wrote:

> KK - I think Alan knows MOST takeaways do deliver,

> but some don't and I wouldn't be surprised if this

> was one of them

Well that's true SJ but Otta obviously assumed that a takeaway would deliver and my idle thought was why would it if it's called a 'takeaway'. Why would any? It think in years gone by none delivered and the were what they are called i.e. you take away. Deliveries came into it later I'm pretty sure.

So what should these establishments be called now as they are not only takeaways?

........my idle thought ended at this point.......

I emailed Ganapati and they said they were hoping to open in about a month - so just before Christmas I guess.

And...

"As far as delivery areas go, we have sketched out initially SE15, SE17, SE11, SE14, SE4, SE23, SE22, SE21, SE24 and SW9, and see how we get on with that!"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We got a takeaway from there the other night. Was hard to get through... can imagine its very busy on a Friday. 2 mains, 1 bed rice, 1 bread, 1 starter - ?30. Not cheap but much better than other Indian takeaways (and that's coming from someone who was previously a bit cynical about Ganapati).