P M Bennsion -what a disappointment!

faffy

I used this firm - they completed the first stage of the job, I paid them immediately as it was a 2 stage job and formally agreed their quote and the date for completion of the works(even though I had to wait 4 weeks, I agreed that I was willing to wait).

The second limb of the job were fairy minor works,circa ?300. I was extremely disappointed to be then cancelled not once but twice, as more profitable boiler jobs came along. I was then told by Pete that he was going on holiday so I would have to wait an additional month to get the job completed and if I didn't like the timescale I could use someone else!. After sticking with him as a plumber and waiting for him to complete the job- on a personal and professional level I found his approach appalling and would not recommend him.

This thread has also been (wrongly posted) on the for sale thread too and I have commented there as well.

Just so as people don't make judgements based on a single experience, we have used this company for several years to service our boiler and have always had a good and reliable service.

I have no axe to grind either way, but as a local self-employed person myself I always worry how potentially easy it is to win or lose a reputation based on limited but very public anecdotal information (however accurate).

Pete installed my boiler and came back to complete 2 much smaller plumbing jobs. He also came out at the end of one day to rescue me from a minor flood and he didn't charge for the callout. He is always busy but kept in touch with timings etc. I think he is one of the good guys.

I called him out on the strength of recommendations here because my usual plumber was away. I needed my boiler replaced after a gas leak. I found him rude and condescending and he kept going on about "my husband" approving the job. Since it is my house, my boiler and my chequebook, I decided to wait until my own plumber got back.

Peter Bennison installed our boiler and has done a number of smaller jobs for us since then, including once walking to us in the snow when his van couldn't make it uphill. I have always found him to be utterly reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Having just had a major install of boiler, tanks and new radiator from Pete Bennison and his team I have nothing but praise for him. This is the third time I have used his company and have always found him friendly, efficient, reliable and reasonably priced. I would gladly recommend him to anyone who requires an excellent job at a fair price.

He is recommended on the Worster Bosch website. I contacted him about a fault on my boiler and he flatly said he wasn't interested as faults can take along time to fix and it's not worth his while. I didn't find him very helpful at all.

I've used Peter Bennison several times including installing a new boiler. Always very reliable and once spent severAl hours one evening sorting wiring problems from installation someone else had done on boiler system.:

Archived