Somerfield, confusing prices

Have to redress the balance slightly. I was in there this morning, slightly hungover, looking at a gap on the shelves where a rather good bargain on a bottle of wine was to be had. (Don't worry, it's for a gift, not an eyeopener, Annaj.)

All my brain could compute was that this was the bottle I wanted and that it wasn't there. I turned round to ask for help, and the guy who had been stacking beer, came back round the corner sporting The One and presented it to me. Man is either a genius or a complete mindreader or just felt completely sorry for me. Anyhow, brilliant service which offsets the slightly quirky pricing.

Well not just a choice between Co-op or Waitrose. Would not be surprised to see a Tesco Metro or Sainsburys local in there. I really don't think the store will be that attractive to Waitrose (too small, no car park) and they may look to go for other more attractive stores and let this one go.

Thank god. Hopefully Co-op's ethical dimension will improve the quality/price ratio at Somerfield LL.

Forget the big ones (Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Waitrose etc) - Somerfield are the biggest rip-off supermarket I have ever come across.

And one of their staff had the cheek to tell me that my Five Pound Sterling note was no longer in circulation. I knew she was wrong. It was only when I checked Wikipedia at home that I realised that the Five Pound note was last revised in 2002. 6 years is a very impressive lifetime for an expired note!