inappropriate but lets forgive and forget!

phobic3000

Millhaven Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cmck83 The English or maybe even the UK as a whole

> has a totally different relationship with alcohol

> than most of the rest of the world. Cultrally we

> more inclined to drink to access than our

> counterparts in say, France or Italy.

Sure I know all that, I'm from Dublin! It's not like we don't like a drink or two. I was just wondering what the craic was with English stag parties having weird fixations with bodily functions.

(I am aware this query originally came about because of a silly TV programme. I know it is not representative of all English people, before anyone jumps down my throat. This thread just reminded me of it.)

Otta Wrote:

> Kel I'm quite surprised at your stance here. Even

> if it does happen elsewhere, it's still

> disgusting. And it would be disgusting in any

> other area, this just happens to be the EAST

> DULWICH FORUM, the clue is kinda in the name.

>

> ED - NAGAIUTB, harsh to accuse admin of being

> spineless. Admin coukd find themselves in a dodgy

> position if this dirty @#$%& saw his photo on

> here. If you want to post the photo, you pay for a

> forum off your own back and take the risks

> involved.

>

> I agree the photo should be given to the police

> though, and shared with the EDT.

At no point have i suggested it is/was acceptable behaviour i just dont see the necessity to "gossip" about it as if its the first time anything of this kind has ever happened before or ever happened in ED before -for those doubting perhaps asking local bar staff of previous experience would settle those doubts.

Its worse than curtain twitching and then to add the ridiculous comments thrown about referring to the assumption of thugs and low life only being capable of such behaviour... does anyone on here throwing these accusations know who this individual is that can back this up? Would the same thoughts be openly projected if thie individual was someone of a different "class" (as suggested by other posters)?

KalamityKel Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Kel I'm quite surprised at your stance here.

> Even

> > if it does happen elsewhere, it's still

> > disgusting. And it would be disgusting in any

> > other area, this just happens to be the EAST

> > DULWICH FORUM, the clue is kinda in the name.

> >

> > ED - NAGAIUTB, harsh to accuse admin of being

> > spineless. Admin coukd find themselves in a

> dodgy

> > position if this dirty @#$%& saw his photo on

> > here. If you want to post the photo, you pay for

> a

> > forum off your own back and take the risks

> > involved.

> >

> > I agree the photo should be given to the police

> > though, and shared with the EDT.

>

> At no point have i suggested it is/was acceptable

> behaviour i just dont see the necessity to

> "gossip" about it as if its the first time

> anything of this kind has ever happened before or

> ever happened in ED before -for those doubting

> perhaps asking local bar staff of previous

> experience would settle those doubts.

> Its worse than curtain twitching and then to add

> the ridiculous comments thrown about referring to

> the assumption of thugs and low life only being

> capable of such behaviour... does anyone on here

> throwing these accusations know who this

> individual is that can back this up? Would the

> same thoughts be openly projected if thie

> individual was someone of a different "class" (as

> suggested by other posters)?

I've been drinking in Rock bars and Biker bars my entire life. Never seen this level of behaviour. Im not sure what you're trying to say but you're failing.

I'm not the only one that apparently feels you're defending this behaviour, albeit passively if that makes you feel any better.

And I don't think openly advocating this guys picture being put back up is 'curtain twitching'. Hopefully someone would recognise him and do the right thing.

I sent the message below to Phobic3000, after he started this thread yesterday. To date, there has been no reply... There has been no positive identification of the person who took a dump on the floor of the gents by anyone on here, and there has has been no identification of the stag because he didn't do it.

Hi phobic3000

Did you actually see, I mean actually, physically witness the guy in question take a sh*t on the floor of the gents? I know the guy in question, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he is one of the kindest, most gentle and thoughtful people I know and I am absolutely sure that he did not do this.

I can see from your other posts that you're not taken to wildly abusive and slanderous messages, so it can only be that you either saw this with your own eyes or you just assumed it was him. I am absolutely sure the former is not the case, and therefore if it is the latter, I do hope you can consider whether you have been fair in your assumption. It's disgusting behaviour, yes, but there is absolutely nothing to justify your assumption of blame and resultant comments.

One of them was definitely doing something in there. Their mates were guarding the door stopping people (me included) going in saying they were out of order.

I didn't see the photo, but one of that party was undoubtedly responsible. And I think it was likely the bloke in the girls school uniform outfit.

He may be kind and lovely and all that, but he clearly can't handle his drink and acts like a twat when he's pissed. He wouldn't be the first, but that doesn't excuse it.

Ok upon reflection...

What was done was wrong and inappropriate behaviour. I never intended there to be a lynch mob domino effect. I just felt he should be embarrassed for doing something so grim. Mainly out of respect for the guys who work in the EDT who are a lovely bunch.

The guy in question may well be a decent bloke who just happened to do something outrageous in a drunken state, probably thinking it was funny? People do stupid things when they are drunk. Especially on stag do's! People can act out of character.

In all fairness the stag lot were pretty well behaved. I mean some people go out fighting and starting all sorts of trouble. This guy had a shit on the floor. Horses for courses. At least nobody was hurt.

Administrator, thank you for removing the photo. Perhaps now it would be appropriate to remove the thread entirely out of respect for the guy and anyone who knows him.

I'm sure he regrets his actions.

Many Thanks

Hi Otta,

I was one of the guys wearing the mortar boards and standing outside the gents. However, I was not "guarding the door" but having to queue to use the single disabled toilet, because some disgusting individual had taken a dump on the floor of the gents. Therefore the poor bar staff were having to clean it up and had put the gents temporarily out of order. There were a number of us queuing outside, as all the men were having to queue. Neither the stag nor any other member of the party was responsible for this and we were all as disgusted as everyone else.

Thank you to the posters who have remarked that we were a well behaved group.

I'll admit that for the most part they were well behaved, just loud.

But when I was there, two of you were standing in front of the door to the gents and telling people they were out of order. Whilst others from your party where in and out of the disabled loo, there was no queuing going on.

It's hardly surprising that you deny it was one of your party, and I can't prove otherwise, so I'll bow out, but for what it's worth, I don't believe you.

Phobic3000

You haven't answered my question about whether you actually saw the stag do this. If you had seen it, I think you would have said, and as you didn't see this, you can't possibly know it was him. I do know him, and he wouldn't do such a thing, drunk or not.

I agree this thread should be taken down, but I wish you were able to apologise for making these claims without any proof.

Ohhh those keerrr-razzzy stag do's with their keerrr-razzy dares.

Surely there's a unspoiled historic medieval city on an Easyjet route that caters for this sort of thing?

If it's anything like half the stag do's I've been unfortunate enough to attend, the ones in the group who are basically ok spend the second part of the evening in a state of permanent cringe, apologising to strangers.

Speaking generally, if course. I don't want to make any defecatory statements.