Looking for a hairdresser recommendation in East Dulwich / Peckham Rye area

Grainne17

Kuki in Bellenden Road.

I have my hair cut by the lovely Shingo, but all the stylists seem to be excellent.

I completely trust him.

?40 for a cut I think, one price for all.

Includes a fantastic massage chair when your hair is being washed, if you like that sort of thing (plus a head massage :) )

020 3441 5792

Peckhamrye Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Another recommendation for Kuki, Pauline and

> Shingo have cut my hair, which is very short and

> fine, and it always looks great.

xxxxxxx

My hair is fine, very thin (and getting thinner :( ) and "difficult", and Shingo somehow manages to make it look as if it is thick :)

I've been going to Kuki for a couple of years and it's ace and really good value for money. I tried Galleon recently for the first time though simply because as it's going to be right next to my new house and I have a new baby and a toddler to deal with. It was ok/good, but SO expensive! I guess I'd expect to pay around ?70 for half a head of highlights, but the price for a trim was outrageous! It took ten minutes (if that) with just a rough dry and cost me ?50. Way too much! I felt like they were trying their luck, charging central London prices to see if they could get away with it. I won't be going back because I cannot - and refuse - to pay ?120 a go.

I didn't say anything at the time because I was too gobsmacked and of course, I'm English. I will give them a call with the feedback though.

Kuki every time.

All about Kuki are great - including Gemma. I've posted several times on the great find that is Kuki and can only continue to do so. A couple of owners who know what they're about, hair styling delivered with integrity, quality and originality. They could increase prices but haven't.

Another class outfit in our neighborhood.

And UK Model - surely poor comments should include some constructive explanation?

aquarius moon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Myla & Davis.

>

> Not sure if the new shop in ED is open yet, but

> their Herne Hill branch is brilliant.

Yep this - I found their Herne Hill branch when walking past one Sunday on my way to the Commercial, stalked their website for a bit and finally booked an appt. I went to the new ED branch for the first time yesterday and it was great.

I actually just posted about them on a thread about dip dye...

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I'm a mobile hairdresser covering most of south east London. I used to have some recommendations on here but in recent months I had to request that people DIDN'T recommend me because I was too busy to take on new clients!! However with some of my clients leaving town over the course of the next few months, I'd be happy to discuss your home hairdressing needs with you.

Kind regards,

Lindsay

[email protected]

www.lindsayrichards.co.uk

Archived