Draft House closing

Kingy

Falklands Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Franco manca brixton pizzas are the best you can

> get and their prices haven't changed in 3 /4 years

> . About ?4 to ?7 - hope they keep them for ED.

> .....that's why there is a queue ! If you want

> reservations, chocolate fudge cake, fine

> dining,?50 a head meals with jay rayner and AA

> Gill type meals you shouldn't t go to franco manca

> . It's a pizzeria ...that's it ..

So because I don't want to queue for ages to sit down and eat a pizza I'm some sort of epicurean snob? Incidentally, one of Franco Manca's toppings is "Gloucester Old Spot Hand Sliced Sausage". Yes, but what was the name of the pig? And the person who sliced the sausage??

Some places will call you when your table is ready, so you can wait in the pub. This seems reasonable to me, and I'm happy to do that.

But waiting outside in a queue is just daft. I've done it (under protest) for Pitt Cue co, Shake Shack, and even the Thai place in Brixton Village. Not sure any of them were really worth it. It's the last thing I want after a crappy day at work.

Just as well everyone is different.

If you don't like queuing, you'll keep the queue shorter for those of us who are prepared to. Equally queuers mgiht not be able to get walk-in tables due to the 'bookers'. But there you go.

The Leinster pack used to be ridiculed as too posh to push ...as they were from rich Dublin . While Munster scrummed all over them for years ....

I am confused ..I need help ..maybe there is a new demograpic class ....too posh / precious / angry / rich / suburban / very sensible in their own eyes / English / clever / to queue.

I would not queue myself but I don't understand the anti queue- ers ...let other people queue if they want to ....but why have a go at them ? Why mock them ? Is to make the non queue ers look principled / righteous ..I would NEVER queue myself ....So at brixton franco manca I will go after 2pm or around 6 30 pm and there is no queue ..should I boycott the restaurant because they have lots of people wanting to eat at peak times ? .

I can understand poncy (sp ? ) restaurant reviewers hating it but there are always some fawning pepper grinding restaurants they can BOOK into who will call them by their first names !??? .....please advise

Queuing is what the British do well.

An East Dulwich dilemma.

"Oh, look, there's a queue. Let's join it."

"Hey! What are we queuing for?

"I can't remember. Is this the queue for Franca Manca?

"No, it's the queue for William Rose."

"I've had enough of this, let's go home."

"Ok, let's get the bus. Oh, feck! Another queue. Oh well."

If you can't beat 'em. Join 'em.

I cant recall there being queues for any restaurants on LL before, and I dont expect FM to change this.

The situation in Brixton Market is very different to ED. I am expecting it will be busy, but the size of the space at the proposed location should keep punters seated and happy.

To queue or not to queue.

You could always tell a good chip-shop by the queue;

And the long wait for a post-session kebab was never really about culinary excellence,

And did you ever try and get anything to eat at any 'event' (including our own GG affairs)- whether it's a 'foot-long' sausage or a bowl of paella - without queuing?

I think I may queue for a minute or two - just long enough to pick up my pre-ordered take-away pizza anyway (Franco's don't deliver).

efs.

The original Brixton FM is tiny, so it's no wonder there are queues - however, I've eaten many, many times at the larger Chiswick FM and have never had to wait for a table. The ED one will be of a similar size, so I doubt that there'll be much queuing apart from at the obviously busy times.

I'll miss the Draft House's burgers, but am looking forward to Franco Manca's excellent but inexpensive pizzas on LL.

I'd have thought they would do best with takeaways. That space has never worked, either as Black Cherry or as the Draft House. Something about the proportions make it very uninviting. Maybe some clever design can get round that but I'm not sure how.

Same old story. Retail premises far too small on LL, and a really poor evening footfall. A restaurant may do ok, but look at the only other chain on the lane - GBK, it's far emptier than most other rival branches in London. This is what amazes me about all the chain comments on another thread, most large chains wouldn't touch this area with a barge poll, for the reasons stated.

Louisa.