St Christopher's Christmas trees

This morning I bought a Christmas tree from the St Christopher's Hospice stall in the Plough, they said that they would deliver this afternoon at 4 but nothing yet. I need to go out shortly and I was wondering if anybody else on the forum had had a tree delivered today by them or if they knew how to contact them? I guess I should have asked for a contact telephone number at the time but I didn't really think....

Edited to say that having done my research I realise now they are nothing to do with the charity! I feel like such a mug, I genuinely thought that all the money would go to the hospice.

Edited to say I went back to the site and staff were happy to give me another tree which we then carried home. They may make donations to the hospice, but when I spoke with them this morning (and their flyers) led me to believe that all of the money goes to the hospice and I don't think it is right to be obtuse about this info.

Not sure what research has been done by flatforsale, but the hospice website clearly endorses the christmas tree sale, confirming that money from each sale goes to the charity

http://www.stchristophers.org.uk/news/christmas-tree-aid-donations-to-st-christophers-hospice.

I got my tree from there, and as I am very near, one of the guys carried it to my door then and there, great servicee and a good tree.

They have a letter form St Chrisophers on dislpay. They donated over five thousand pounds to the charity last year and clearly state ?5 donated for each tree sold. If they open for thirty day that means about thirty five trees sold a day. Presume the charity has no way of checking this, but they do seem very busy and keep late hours.

I think it's better to support local traders that are with as all round. We got a super tree from the florist on the corner opposite library and will make a gift aid do traction to St Christopers, which means the tax man has to chip in!

• 2 years later...
Yes, it's reassuring. As was the nice man who said the delivery would definitely be before 10pm.... in fact it would be early evening. :( Gutted. Can't justify spending that money again this close to Christmas food shop.

edd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, it's reassuring. As was the nice man who said

> the delivery would definitely be before 10pm....

> in fact it would be early evening. :( Gutted.

> Can't justify spending that money again this close

> to Christmas food shop.

Surely they won't just take your money and leave you with no tree?

If you phone the hospice, they are sure to have a contact number for the people who sold you the tree, so you can re-arrange delivery.

Well, just had a phone call from nice man, who really IS nice - apparently they couldn't read the house number he'd written on the tag! Our tree should be arriving this evening, so all is well and faith in humanity is restored. :)

Thank goodness - I was *not* looking forward to breaking it to the kids that we'd be decorating a branch from out the garden this year. :)

They are very friendly chaps up there indeed and it's great that any money is going to such a good charity... That said, I thought they were pretty pricey and ended up with an excellent same sized tree for ?20 less from outside the Clock House, so ?5 donation doesn't seem to really justify the extra cost when you can donate the extra yourself (and get a free mulled cider in the process!)