Is it Me? or is East Dulwich boring now?

Compared to 18 years ago when I moved here as a whippersnapper this place SE22 ROCKS !!

Maybe I've grown into it but it's also changed massively, both in terms of the demographic and what's on.

Shame Sainsbury's closed down all the original butchers, bakers, grocers, fishshops but with local interest there are now replacements for them which probably offer more choice than the originals (I do miss old 'Dave the Butcher' on LL though !).

The one thing I was bothered about until a couple of years ago was that I always had to go elsewhere for my live music, now it's here most weekends - top hole !

Some folks started a folk club, some folks run a repertory cinema, there's open-mic nights - many locals endeavour to create things they desire but which aren't here yet so yeah I dig the place and DIG the people.

Mat if you can't find what you want here in SE22 and you are able to articulate what it is you want that would render the manor less 'boring', perhaps you can rustle up some interest locally and create the things you want to happen ?

er, Camberwells always been livelier than East Dulwich...by miles....just recently Ed has moved into less boring territory a few years back it was tedious...nice place to live though, but it's hardly fookin Hoxton is it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Can someone please explain who "one Dulwich" are?
    • We are actually referred to as "Supporters"...2,100 of us across Dulwich...read and weep! 😉   https://www.onedulwich.uk/supporters   Got it, the one where 64% of respondents in the consultation area said they wanted the measures "returned to their original state". Is that the one you claim had a yes/no response question?   Well I suggest you read up on it as it is an important part of the story of utter mismangement by the councils and this is why so many of us can't work out who is pulling the council's strings on this one because surely you can agree that if the emergency services were knocking on your door for months and months telling you the blocks in the roads were delayihg response times and putting lives at risk you'd do something about it? Pretty negligent not to do so don't you think - if I was a councillor it would not sit well with me?   Careful it could be a Mrs, Miss or Mx One.....   Of course you don't that's because you have strong opinions but hate being asked for detail to.back-up those opinions (especially when it doesn't serve their narrative) and exposes the flaws in your arguments! 😉  As so many of the pro-LTN lobby find to their cost the devil is always in the detail.....
    • Really?  I'm sorry to hear that. What did you order? 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In