Gay Bar in Dulwich? (Lounged)

mattindulwich18

• 3 weeks later...

rowerdk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gay Bar in ED NOW!!! Please...only problem is gay

> is cool and so, will be infiltrated by breeders

> fairly quickly...:(

That's one of the problems with such establishments... the feeling amongst some patrons that others are not welcome.

As for "gay" being cool... give me a break!

Cassius Wrote:

> Not sure how welcoming the Vauxhall Tavern would

> be if my partner and I popped in there for a quick

> drink!

I've been doing the email version of biting my tongue until I saw this email

Cassius, I would be delighted to meet you at the Vauxhall Tavern any Saturday night - there may be some men in there who are drinking, watching the cabaret, dancing and possibly kissing - and that's about it

Provided you pay the fiver on the door you would be made very welcome

And in case you're worried, if you need to go to the loo there will be other guys in there peeing and then washing their hands - I appreciate that the latter of these two activities is rarely seen in the gents in a 'normal' pub - so don't be too alarmed

• 1 month later...

As a gay real ale drinker I'm sooooooo glad we've got inclusivity in all the ED pubs/bars. It's good to know that a big shiny poof can get a decent pint locally - which is one thing the 'scene' certainly doesn't allow for:)

I'm not sure any local bar/pub would want to be labelled exclusively gay - could be its death knell - but if anyone other guys out there fancy meeting up to colonise a local hostelry and terrorise any cute barmen, let me know!

Yeah, ED reminds me of Tufnell Park, both are graced by a large number of gay people and so by their sheer number,

the pubs etc are well mixed :)) funny to see geezers goosing each other at the local supermarkets!

There are a few gay bars in Soho that are open to breeders which I prefer to meet gay mates as in town you still find a lot of bigotry. Bar-code can also be fun for the curious!

The one thing that gets me about gay bars is, that with few exceptions, I come out of them with the feeling that I look like an un-groomed Neanderthal compared to the average customer :(

Shu.Kurimu.Sensei Wrote:

> The one thing that gets me about gay bars is, that

> with few exceptions, I come out of them with the

> feeling that I look like an un-groomed Neanderthal

> compared to the average customer :(

LOL - Yeah know that feeling too... but that is because I am a breeding slob :'(

I know that the Rye does a 'Ladies night' which is next scheduled for the 31st October, I wonder if it is worth asking the Manager (Eva) if they are also doing a "Gentlemans Night" as well... I am sure if they aren't that they can be persuaded to do one.

(note : if this has already been discused then apologies, I haven't bothered to read all the thread)