Gay Bar in Dulwich? (Lounged)

mattindulwich18

Natasha my love, what is your hang up with trying to prove a point about people who frequent this particular gay venue? Is the Royal Vauxhall Tavern a firm representative of the gay community in 2008? Did you make up your own website with a montage of moustaches and bawdy heads just to prove your point?

Louisa.

Don't call me, 'my love'.

The bar I mentioned was the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, and the picture is taken from that particular venue. It was in response to the point that I was unfairly stereotyping the punters at the RVT. I did not mock up that website. What a suspicious mind you have. Any google search will bring it up.

"Natasha"

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well not every gal goes for Wisden and Viz.

I?ll have you know that my repertoire of scintillating dinnertime conversation also included in-depth analysis of the divergent development of Batman?s personality in the Dark Knight series compared to the Detective series and explanations for just how the mechanics of any carnal congress between Lois Lane and Superman would actually be possible.

I still can?t understand why I didn?t get laid more often.

And on and on this rumbles....

I'm suffering from dual personality disorder on this though. The politically-correct liberal pinko (that's a politics reference, not a sexuality-based one!) in me wants both minority rights - i.e. gay people should have the "right" to a bar - but inclusivity - i.e. we should all muck in together (so to speak) in one lovely bar where everyone can be friends, should be promoted above all else.

Then the libertarian streak in me says well, if some schmuck reckons he make a go of a gay bar in ED then go for it. No skin off my nose. Whether they let me in or not doesn't bother me either. Private business = own rules. They'd be silly as I have cash to spend and if was a nice place to go then I couldn't care less which section of the community its designed for.

Taken to its extreme though this sort of thing would allow for straight-only, men-only, whites-only establishments. Should we allow these? Most people would instinctively say no but it is a dilemma. If a person doesn't contradict employment law why shouldn't they be allowed to restrict entry to whomever they choose if they own a business? They only have themselves to blame when not enough people (are allowed to) go and it all goes tits up.

So....

Do I want a gay bar in ED? Don't mind

Would I go? Might do, if it was a decent bar with friendly people

Would I care if they stopped me going in? No, their loss. they wouldn't last long in ED with that sort of door policy.

Siduhe Wrote:

> Brendan Wrote:

>

> > and explanations for just how the mechanics of

> any

> > carnal congress between Lois Lane and Superman

> > would actually be possible.

>

> Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex... made me smile

> when I first read it. Not entirely safe for work

> but very tongue in cheek...

My .. I though that I read that back in the eighties in fiesta .. and looking at the date .. I did :)

*Bob* Wrote:

> I say lets DO IT, Natasha.

>

> We can take sticks and prod them when they come

> out. Maybe even give a couple of 'em a kicking.

> What do you say?

Before heading to RVT - probably best to have a dry run in say Clapham or even the Harvester.

NatashaD - what you have failed to recognise when stereotyping patrons of the Vauxhall Tavern, is that that it is a club with differently themed nights - you have obviously passed by on the cropped hair, tight t-shirt moustache night - if you had passed on a Sunday you would have seen skinheads, bovver boots, turn-up skinny jeans and no shirts; on a saturday however you would have seen a confusing mix of guys in Gap shirts, rugby shirts, polo shirts, sweaters, vests, DJs and bow ties, 50s prom dresses etc etc....

you need to get out more

NatashaD Wrote:

> I apologise for stereotyping the guys who go to

> the Royal Vauxall Tavern. I was obviously so wrong

> that they have cropped hair and tight t-shirts.

> Not to mention the ubiquitous neat moustache

> merging into a neat, cropped beard.

> http://www.timjonesmusic.co.uk/images/boyzfeb06.jp

> g

Hi Jefferykon08, and welcome to the EDF. Hopefully, you'll be continuing to contribute your thoughts and experiences and opinions with us for many months to come. However, be careful - if you are here to promote your website (as your first 2 posts suggest) you may receive a cool response. Subtlety is all.

Gosh, I am so thankful to NatashaD for posting on here. Now I will know how to recognise any future gay men I bump into (heaven forbid).

Seems to me only one person around here is in danger of lowering the tone of East Dulwich.....although of course, as her fitness instructor is gay clearly she cannot possibly have any homophobic qualities.....

Nunhead Girl