Looking for a cheap personal trainer

YummyMummy01

Hi Lauren

I would recommend trying out Community Circuits in Herne Hill near the station - it is a class rather than PT (but they do PT too from ?35 per hour - I haven't tried PT with them but friends who have recommend them). The first class is FREE and tehn ?10 per class or ?69 for 10 (which you can take over whatever period you want) or ?395 for a year of unlimitted circuits. http://www.communitycircuits.com/

I have been going for over 3 years - before I started I did very little exercise since school (getting a D4 in every school PE report does little to instill a love of sport!) and I have got so much fitter since then. The instructors who run and own it, Neil and Jonny, and the other instructors Anne and Rowan are lovely and very encouraging and friendly - it is much more personal than going to a chain/corporate gym. I think it is a nice compromise between PT which is quite expensive and gym membership which is inflexible. not having to pay monthly or a joining fee or commit to a whole year is a definite advantage. If you come along to a few classes and you decide that PT is for you then you will know which instructor would suit you best. The people who go to the classes are very varied - from school pupils to pensioners and rugny players to house wives. I do hope to see you there!

Alternatively I would highly recommend http://www.urbanfitandfearless.com/ - it is a self defence class but includes quite a bit of fitness training - if you come along for a month you will definitely get fitter. Classes are on wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings on Bellenden Road and Patrice is an ace instructor and the classes are cheap - first one FREE then ?40 for 5 or ?60 for 10 - and you get to learn a skill that might save your life - I used what I learned to stop a fight on the mean streets of Herne Hill. Patrice also does personal training for ?35 an hour so you could come to a free class, decide if you like the activity and instructor.

I hope these recommendations help.

If you want more info PM me and send me your number

Good luck getting fit - having got a lot fitter over the last few years with these two classes and would definitely say it is worth it.

Hi Lauren

I can recommend Gokay. You are right. There are many trainers around and

their prices vary. I tried a few cheap personal trainers before(around

?20-?25 an hour) but believe me it was waste of time and it can be very

frustrating as well.

With Gokay, you get the results. Before I started training with him, he met

me to discuss my goals and it was a pretty detailed consultation. Also he is

not that expensive.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

I cannot comment on personal trainers but you may also consider weighing the benefits of a personal trainer versus a class, which can be quite fun and has a good social aspect to it too. I have noticed at some gyms small classes for 3-5 individuals which are probably cheaper than a one on one personal trainer and probably just as good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lauren,

I am a mobile female Personal Trainer, I train my clients at home or in local parks. To begin any program I offer a free consultation to find out more about your fitness goals and to fully assess your fitness. I analyse my clients diet to help achieve the best possible results! Sessions last an hour and vary in price but they start at ?22.40 per hour for new clients.

Please feel free to visit my website for more information: www.lionessfitness.co.uk , or you can contact me:

[email protected]

Thanks!

Charlotte

Archived