-------------------------------------------------------

> mrsc_89 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >ARGH MY EYES

>

> Perhaps your motto should be: "Use More

> Paragraphs"

Sorry david_carnell I just about managed to use punctuation were I thought it should be.A downside to my dyslexia I guess.

Eileen - thanks for sending the link, lots of useful info. Did you attend the event? If so what was the general feeling? Is this scheme going to happen and if so when? I assume there is still a fair distance to go in terms of scheme design and running down leases etc etc.

Also, struggling to work out who's paying for it? Network rail, grant funding and?

No doubt I'll be shot down but a well designed scheme which brings the station back for past glories and opens up the area, improves the public realm and creates housing etc will be good for the area. It needs to move on. It is inevitable that housing is provided as this is what will pay for the non essential items.

I'd like to go to the next event, any idea if or when it will be?

Thanks.

Wow, how incredible is it to see Dulwich people even considering the existence of Peckham Rye station, let alone going onto a forum to whinge about the untidiness of it.

How times have changed from when I used to live on Lyndhurst Way 15 years ago and the main concern for most locals was how many police cordoning zones would block their path to the station in the mornings.

Well I suppose the locals of today can only be delighted at this newly found concern from up the road about the well- being of their high street and station.

Hurrah for the London Overground, what surprising and unexpected caring and devotion you have betowed upon Peckham!

Louisa Wrote:

> If ED was on the overground I think most locals

> would be happy to see a 12 foot high barbwired

> fence put in place.

>

> Louisa.

And have prepped missile launchers aimed at any possible invading Rye Lane 'insurgents' I bet.

You'd also obviously have to dig deep into your leafy dulwich gardens to insure no secret tunnels have been dug...

Louisa Wrote:

> Peckhamrye Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I travel by public transport because I don't

> drive

> > because I can't afford a car. I travel

> everywhere

> > by public transport. I commute to and from

> Peckham

> > Rye Station most days to Rotherhithe, and shop

> > along Rye Lane, and feel I must live in a

> parallel

> > universe to people here. Why is everyone so

> > intolerant?

>

> So, you enjoy travelling to and from Peckham Rye

> station. Good for you. Not everyone does. I don't

> see why it is intolerant of a person to want a

> nice clean tidy station area and not have rowdy

> kids running up and down making a noise.

>

> Louisa.

Well walk to east dulwich then yer snotty nosed so and so

And chatty man sounds like a twat

The development of the station area is going to happen much sooner than later I think, good mate works for a creative business in blenheim grove, they have upped sticks due to uncertainty of the situation.

There are also other artisans in the arches and on the street seriously thinking about a move. Over recent months there has also been a much higher than usual rate of health and safety inspections.

And dont forget the dreaded compulsory purchase order which was used to great affect in the east end leading up to 2012 olympics.

I've no doubt that the redevelopment of the station area will happen at a very fast pace but local people still have a chance to influence it in some way, though it's not entirely clear to what extent at this point.

The co-design process is in its early stages so I'd recommend you follow @PeckhamCoDesign for updates if you're on Twitter. There's supposed to be an accompanying website for the project too so I'll post a link as soon as I know what the web address is.

I'd urge you all to get involved if you have the time as this is a major project that will make a big difference to the area - hopefully for the better, but you can never be sure.

It's all taking too long like everything seems to in this country and most of us have lost interest now. It's a smelly grotty place that needs raising to the ground ASAP so something more sightly can be put in it's place, creating a more pleasant environment for everyone who lives around works in and uses it to commute. What is it with London being a near impossible place to buy in, and yet for some reason we still have to put up with slummy conditions as part of the deal. I don't get it at all.

Louisa.

Louisa! Perfect words! Last night, I met a really nice person outside the arches and he said "God, do you live near this", children running around passengers, not looking where they were going, loads of hair weave in the street, and all of the hair salons had food, packaging and general crap just thrown on the floor, it was awful! I can't wait for all of it to be knocked down - if I threw stuff into the street outside my, I could get done for fly-tipping.

None of the hair salons have ANY respect for commuters using the station, if I had children, I woulnd't let them run around a train staition un-supervised and if I was supervising them and I saw a flood of people walking through the arch, I ask my child to move out of the way - they don't. It's a FILTHY area that I have to walk through every morning and night and I can't wait for it to go!

I walk through there every day and while I totally agree that the tumbleweave and mess is awful, I really don't mind the kids at all. I quite like the sound of kids having fun after a hard day. They always seem to move out of the way a bit for me. Anyway, they're kids! I still remember being one.

Doesn't mean I can't wait for the station area to be re-developed though.

I'm aware that it's quite a messy area but it never seems to bother me. Perhaps i'm just used to it.

It really does me zero harm though and if it did affect me it would be for a maximum of 1 minute out of the 1440 in my day.

But children running aorund unsupervised!!! All I can say is that i'm glad that I didn't have an adult watching over me every second of the day when I was a child. What an horrific childhood that would've been.

Kids having fun is OK as long as they're not likely to cause themselves or anyone else an injury, but the pigeon-hobbling weave and other rubbish (not entirely the responsibility of the hair shops) is repellent and really ought to be stopped. I've asked the odd woman who's been on a hair-shop doorway to please not throw it out, so at least I've tried. What's the next step, O councillors?