Draft house

85volga

Louisa: "I'd happily spend a fiver on a large kebab with all the trimmings".

For such a fan of kebab you've clearly not had a large kebab for several years. A fiver ?!!

Kebabs are basically just salad sandwiches with a bit of meat and sauce thrown in anyway, just to make them seem 'exotic'.

titch juicy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i'm not sure how that fits with her hatred of fat drenched processed meat?

I don't think there's much point picking holes in the argument of someone who's just trying to wind you up!

FYI a large lamb doner kebab from kebab and wine is ?5 KK, I had one earlier this week.

The salad is healthy and fresh, granted doner meat isn't, unless you have chicken shish which is grilled, and the carbs come from a grilled pitta bread. It's a pretty well rounded meal IMHO. Titch I don't hate processed meat, I just think pizza is a carb overload with cheese and processed meat, whereas a kebab can be a healthier and cheaper alternative if you choose the right meat cooked a certain way.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> FYI a large lamb doner kebab from kebab and wine

> is ?5 KK, I had one earlier this week.

>

> The salad is healthy and fresh, granted doner meat

> isn't, unless you have chicken shish which is

> grilled, and the carbs come from a grilled pitta

> bread. It's a pretty well rounded meal IMHO. Titch

> I don't hate processed meat, I just think pizza is

> a carb overload with cheese and processed meat,

> whereas a kebab can be a healthier and cheaper

> alternative if you choose the right meat cooked a

> certain way.

>

> Louisa.

but you won't get a large kebab for a fiver, unless it's a doner

A small lamb shish would be under a fiver and has enough meat in for most people. And yes I'd say it's grilled and therefore likely to be healthier than a pizza.

But am looking forward to trying Franco M as love good thin pizza (and likewise don't like any other non thin pizza)

Jeremy Wrote:

> Not always!

>

> http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/snacksters-sliced-d

> oner-kebab-meat-600g/p/52520

Yes they do do Chicken doner but traditionally it is Lamb

D?ner comes from the Turkish verb D?nmek To Turn

So a D?ner kebab is simply a turning kebab.

Foxy

Edited to adjust for unprintable Turkish Characters.

No screaming kids in there when I popped in (guess if you go early there's always chance of bumping into after school crowd). I phoned in order, turned up and collected my pizza with no queuing. Was great pizza and reasonably priced. Excellent addition to the lane. They've done wonders with what was a cursed layout in that place. Good on them.