Somerfield again - cashback

Sue

In that case why would you inform a public forum read by local people about "what could have been an innocent mistake"?

Sorry Sue to keep banging on about this, it's really not not personal, and it's very clear that your post was well intentioned, but it just worries me that something of this nature can be aired in such a public way. People who work directly with the public are so vulnerable to accusations which they are usually unaware of and unable to defend.

Maybe I feel so strongly about it becauase I am from a working class background, I still have friends and family who work in shops and can identify more with the shop workers than with you. Again, sorry. I guess we will never agree on this one.

I am dipping out of this one now. Adios.

BlueOne Wrote:

> Maybe I feel so strongly about it becauase I am

> from a working class background, I still have

> friends and family who work in shops and can

> identify more with the shop workers than with you.

> Again, sorry. I guess we will never agree on this

> one.

xxxxxx

Excuse me ?!?!?!

How do you know what my background is?

I have also worked in shops!

:-S

BlueOne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In that case why would you inform a public forum

> read by local people about "what could have been

> an innocent mistake"?

>

>xxxxxx

Because a) It might not have been an innocent mistake and b) If it was, then the person who made such a basic mistake as not giving somebody their cashback could well make that basic mistake with another customer.

I therefore thought it worth sharing.

For God's sake - I haven't identified the assistant in any way whatsoever, I haven't got a vendetta against Somerfield's, I am not suggesting everybody who works in a shop is a thieving working class dreg of society, I am merely suggesting that people be more careful than usual when getting cashback just in case they don't get given it, as that happened to me recently.

Why didn't all these people come out and say similar things on the other very long thread on this forum where Somerfields was a leading player??

Edited to say I use the term working class because another poster did.

BlueOne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In that case why would you inform a public forum

> read by local people about "what could have been

> an innocent mistake"?

>

Because whether it was an innocent mistake or not, Sue didn't get her cashback. Therefore she's warning people to make sure they get the cashback they've asked for. Anything you infer beyond this is your problem, not Sue's.

: P

I really do not see the problem with Sue's post, she simply gave a warning about something that may or may not have been a genuine mistake. She was very clear that that it may have been a genuine mistake.

I cant believe the grief she has had from certain people!

I'm largely on Sue's side on the wider point - but I think it's disingenuous to not "get" why people think the post was not accusatory rather than simple warning

The title alone - "Somerfield again..." suggests an implicit previous conviction and that they haven't learned a lesson which just isn't the case.

That so many people who have been cloned were also in Somerfield implies nothing more than lots of people go to a high profile supermarket. They have not been confirmed as the source of anything (although I take on board what Sue says re: her bank's comments)

Starting a new thread also suggests an event of some magnitude more than adding to previous threads...

I considered putting it on the previous thread, but that was specifically about card cloning, and this point would have been off-topic.

I can see that maybe I could have omitted the word "again", but rather too late now :)