> the

> > ipod but not expecting a live performance of it

> > come March..... although bet you guys could do

> it

> > really well!!)

>

>

> We have actually mentioned doing that for a bit of

> old school cheese. So you never know...

Oh Keef.... you know how to make a girl happy after a really naff shift at work :))

btw... I also use to sing "I know him so well" with a mate, I am fairly sure I can't sing for toffee, but she took it quite seriously!

I have many guilty pleasures but few I will fess up to.....

I've just returned from having a mani/pedi so I read the trashy magazines in Heavenly Nails (which I would never pay money for).

In the days when I had a TV I used to watch QVC - the presenters fascinated me.

Music - I love this - always have - first gig I ever went to - Belview Manchester (anyone remember that place?)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZngTkp54I

And I spend a lot of money on shoes. I don't feel guilty about that though - it's my non-guilty pleasure.

Well, having been raised a Catholic I feel guilty about most things ;-)

I guess mine would include:-

- Strictly Come Dancing - and now I can watch on iplayer I am watching the weekday show as well as the weekend ones. I know it's cheesy and Bruce is awful (they should swap him for Tess Daly's husband) but I love the dancing and the glitzy frocks and seeing how the various celebs get on.

- Toiletries - I always have a stash of things such that I could go ages without buying anything new but still love buying new ones. Got some divine rose body cream from Tamu in the ED Wareouse the other week - highly recommended.

- Amazon - lots of books, CDs and shoes. Three joys in one go.

- Pringles - especially the sour cream ones.

- Jelly sweets like Bassetts sports mixture

If I were to pick a musical guilty pleasure I would have to admit to having the Girls Aloud best of CD which I listen to when I am getting ready to go out. I know it's cheesy pop, but as cheesy pop goes, it's great.

So many guilty pleasures....

Good quality chocolate for breakfast

X Factor. I like the lead up to the final 12. It's car crash TV.

Uncooked pastry

Listening into gossip about people I know nothing about on public transport

Nanna naps during the day

Leaving my mobile phone at home so no one can contact me all day

Hot chocolates at 3am whilst watching Neighbours re-runs

Chocolate Ripple Log

On the music side of things. I really love Annie's Song by John Denver. I sing it to my daughter and it makes me cry all the time.

The Carpenters? Slade? Glen Campbell?

Guilty pleasures? What utter bosh.

A record collection that doesn't have at least a greatest hits collection from each of the above doesn't have the right to call itself a record collection.

It may be a group of records. It might be a selection of various discs with songs on them.

But a record collection? No, 'pon my Sam.

If you're suggesting the yearning brilliance of Wichita Lineman, the lovelorn ache of Goodbye To Love and the glam rock 'n' roll of Gudbuy T' Jane are not the kind of thing to boast about liking then I'm afraid you're a poltroon and unworthy of my time.

When I appear on Desert Island Discs they're all going on.

Choking on my own rage, here.

Liking the Sweet's Chinn and Chapman songs used to be a guilty pleasure in my teen years, any hint that you might be paying any attention to them when they came on a pub juke box would invite the derision of one's peers.

However it became acceptable to put on their self-penned B-Sides as they were deemed to be 'heavy'.

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Watching the Hollyoaks Sunday omnibus (cried last week). Only admit this now that Keef has fessed up on another thread.

Oh mate, sorry, but I hate hollyoaks with a passion and always bemoan the fact that there is nothing good on when I want to laze on a Sunday. I actually used to quite like it back in my student days in the pool, and they used to film a lot at my uni, but couldn't name a character now... Well actually, I imagine old Tony is still in it isn't he?

Last big story line I remember was the gay / bullying rape thing.

Best villan was Rob Hawthorne.