Recommending Plumber - Hunter Heating Solutions

HunterHtingSolutions

I'd highly recommend Billy. He managed to fit me in his busy schedule despite me giving him late notice.

He talked me through the options and kept me informed of what he needed to do and any potential issues. He even managed to do a couple extra bits of work I needed doing.

He did a great job and was a nice guy to deal with.

• 2 months later...
Another recommendation for Billy. Replaced our boiler and flushed the system over 2 days. Stayed quite late to make sure we had heating and hot water on the evening of day 1 ? especially important with small children. Fitted us in much quicker than originally booked. Provided a detailed quote by email, was punctual, tidy and very clear in his explanation of how everything worked. Nice guy to deal with.

• 2 months later...
Another recommendation for Billy Hunter and his brother Scott at Hunter heating solutions - they moved and replaced our boiler and installed new radiators throughout. They were professional, tidy and totally reliable. Would not hesitate to recommend again.

• 3 weeks later...
I would also like to recommend Billy Hunter. He replaced our combi-boiler recently and did an excellent job. The quote was very competitive, which meant we could get a better spec for the money. Billy carried out the work (and extras) on time, within budget and worked around us which really helped. Having a young baby in the house meant that we needed heating and hot water every evening and Billy made sure we weren't left wanting. Top job, top bloke! We know who we'll be calling next time we need it.....

• 4 weeks later...
Billy returned to service the boiler he put in a year ago (which has been working brilliantly.) As ever, he was prompt, polite and reasonable. We're having him back soon to change a radiator. Still highly recommended.

JB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi we need second fix plumbing - toilet wash basin

> kitchen sink and an outside tap sorting.

>

> Am in SW2 2DS please get in touch if interested?

>

> 07837718040

Billy's no is in the OP. You should call him.

• 4 weeks later...

I too would like to recommend Billy Hunter. He recently serviced our boiler and undertook two gas safe (landlord) certificates for me. He did not answer the phone when I initially phoned him but I immediately got a text back saying he was on holiday and would contact me on the Monday of his return. Judging him on other tradesmen I thought this unlikely, but sure enough, on the Monday I had a voicemail message from Billy. Having dealt with multiple tradesmen in the past, I can honestly say that Billy's communication was by far and away the best I have experienced. He appears to understand 'customer service' in a way that a number of other trades people do not. We agreed a time and date which he stuck to, even texting me to say he would be five minutes late due to traffic. I found him to be pleasant and friendly, and although the jobs I required of him were straightforward, I felt confident that he is an honest and capable plumber. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others and will be in touch with him again for any plumbing job.

His mobile number is 07986 296453

• 1 month later...

I'd also like to recommend Billy. He and his brother have just fitted a new boiler, hot water tank, underfloor heating and a number of new radiators, as well as basically replumbing the house! He was really competitively price and more importantly has fantastic attention to detail (OCD he says).

He dealt admirably with our less than helpful main contractor and worked around the delays in the build schedule.

I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

• 3 weeks later...
We would like to add our recommendations for Billy Hunter who has updated various parts of the plumbing in our house and whose expertise we used recently when we had a water leak under the tiles in the kitchen. Billy has rerouted the pipes with new strong pipes covered with materials to make another leak unlikely for many years. He has done a great job with very little disturbance and in a clever way so we can use a mat in the area where the tiles had to be removed and we dont need to replace the whole lot of them which would have added to the stress at this minute.

Another thumbs up for Billy Hunter. He installed a new boiler for us last year and just came over for the yearly service. Great guy, very professional and knowledgeable. Communication as always was great. A text the day before to remind me of the appointment and then another text on the morning to say he was on his way. Just perfect really! Besides the many reviews on this forum you can also check Checkatrade.com.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

To all of those who have tried to contact me in the last couple of days apologies for the slow response. My wife and I are expecting our second child any moment so I've been back and forth to the hospital the last couple of days. She is being induced tomorrow so I won't be able to take calls for the next few days at least. Please feel free to leave a voicemail or email me and I'll get back to you at my earliest convenience.

Many thanks,

Billy Hunter

Hunter Heating Solutions

• 3 weeks later...

Logging in especially to praise Billy and Scott of Hunter Heating Solutions.

Had Billy and Scott round today to replace/relocate our boiler, redirect existing/lay extra pipework, remove existing flue outlet and provide a new one to a different house wall. An excellent job efficiently, tidily, and cheerily done. Thanks a lot guys - you worked long and hard so as to ensure that the job didn't overspill into the next day, which I appreciate very much.

I shall be in touch with respect to the annual service and other optional bits. Thank you again. (tu)

• 1 month later...
I honestly cannot praise Billy and Scott enough. Last week installed a whole new heating system and new radiators and now our house is now toasty & cosy! Billy has to be the most professional, communicative, enthusiastic, cheery, polite, hard working tradesmen I have EVER come across (and I have worked with a lot). Every time I enquired about a different style of radiator, Billy sent back pictures and links. I asked about brass valves & shrouds and he sent back various different styles - who knew the diverse range of brass pipe shrouds?! He was so quick to respond to my emails and calls. It was a joy to have him and his brother around the house, they worked so hard and were so great with our children and our tenant downstairs. Thank you once again Billy! We'll be calling on you again for phase two next year. Vx

• 2 weeks later...

Well it certainly seems that Billy Hunter is the best heating engineer around and I can vouch for that by adding yet another top review.

We originally had Billy round in 2015 to quote for a new boiler installation. We then had to delay him last minute as our loft conversion plans changed the placement of the boiler.

He then came back to help us, almost a year later and worked incredibly efficiently, quickly and was very tidy - A complete and utter contrast sadly from the service we were receiving from the builder we had on site for the conversion.

Billy's professionalism and politeness are second to none and it makes it a real pleasure having him around.

He is very honest and reliable too and completes his work to the highest standards and with competitive pricing as well.

I also used him to instal a new boiler at my let flat. It took him less than a day to remove the old boiler, install the new one perfectly, fix a new flu pipe and make good the brickwork in the exterior wall (which was in a very difficult location!)& fix a new thermostat dial to the hallway. My tenants were not disturbed at all as it all happened whilst they were out at work, so I had no stress from them not having hot water or heating. The flat was left spotless afterwards and everything put back in it's rightful place.

The only downside to Billy's popularity is that he is a very busy man! But do give him a call straight away if you have any heating needs: 07986 296453

• 1 month later...

I'd like to join the Billy Hunter fanclub!

I posted on the forum back in August looking for a recommendation for a boiler person to give a second opinion on the cause / solution for my dodgy boiler. Someone recommended Billy Hunter so I contacted him, amongst various other boiler installers, to get a second opinion / quote. I sent my initial enquiry by email and got a pretty comprehensive email response from him giving me his preliminary views based on the information I'd provided. He then came over to have a good look and gave me clear advice on my options. I ended up choosing him over various others who had quoted - despite it meaning I would have to wait a few months to get a new boiler installed (others had said they could install within a week). In the end, though, I was lucky enough to get a phone call from Billy about 3 weeks before the big day asking if he could come over that afternoon to start the job as he had been let down by a contractor on another job. Obviously I bit his hand off!

I have to say I have never come across any tradesmen quite like Billy and his brother (and we have had our fair share doing work at our place in the last 3 years). Not only are they super efficient, punctual, extremely hard working, thorough and courteous, they are also very nice people (and with an interesting taste in music).

I will admit to feeling a little bit sad when they finished and left! (and yes, they finished exactly when they said they would, not days later, and left our kitchen cleaner than when they arrived!)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I would also like to recommend Billy. I rang hoping for a boiler service, and due to these recommendations he is (quite rightly) very busy. However, he rang me as soon as he had a cancellation. He has efficient, professional, and friendly and completed the service quickly but thoroughly. Extremely happy with his service.

Another recommendation for Billy at Hunter Heating Solutions.

He replaced our boiler last year - was booked up quite far ahead, but called when he had a space and fitted us in as quickly as possible.

He is professional and friendly, and installed the new boiler with the minimum of disturbance (around existing tiling and undamaged floorboards).

He's since booked us in for a service without us having to remember, so that our warranty remains active.

He was again quick and competitively priced on this visit.

Extremely pleased with this service: 07986296453

• 3 weeks later...

Recommending Billy Hunter

Posted by NigelC Today, 01:49PM

Billy Hunter and his brother Scott recently replaced our boiler and all our radiators, and they were totally superb. They took us through every step of the process from boiler selection to radiator styles and accessories, and got great deals on everything. The installation went flawlessly, on schedule and a very clean, neat high quality job. The guys themselves are reliable, on-time, polite and really took care about the small things that make a big visual difference too. I would definitely recommend them very highly.

Recommendation heating solutions

Posted by godsk 26 January, 2017 20:29

We recently had Billy Hunter and his brother Scott around to upgrade our heating system and install an unvented hot water system. From the initial contact it was clear that Billy has extreme attention to detail and takes pride in his work ? exactly the profile you want to install the pipe infrastructure in your house. We received excellent advice in the design phase and he was always responsive on our enquiries taking the time to explain technical aspects.

The installation was completed on time, to a very high standard and at the quoted price. As an extra bonus they are also hard working and really lovely chaps to have around.

We have previously also had dad, Nigel Hunter, around who matched his son?s excellent work. We are very happy to have stumbled across the Hunter heating clan. For your speed dial: 0798 629 6453!

Posted by BelB15 15 March, 2016 07:48

Would like to add a recommendation for Billy Hunter and his brother Scott of Hunter Heating Solutions who I discovered on this forum. They recently installed a new combi boiler, removing an old system boiler and storage tanks. They are extremely experienced and skilled at their work. The new boiler is functioning perfectly, with all the new pipe work fitted with attention both to safety and aesthetic detail. The new heating controls are also super easy to use. Billy and Scott worked fast, efficiently and amazingly tidily. They always communicated about what they were doing and were also super helpful about a number of minor things cropping up along the way. I recommend them highly and I will be getting them back for regular services!