Recommending Plumber - Hunter Heating Solutions

HunterHtingSolutions

Posted by artined Today, 08:32PM

Hi,

Billy Hunter of Hunter Heating Solutions did a great job for me, installing a new boiler in my rental flat last year. Today, when the tenant was without hot water he stopped by and reset the boiler and showed them how in case it happens again. I really appreciated his quick response and support and so did my tenant! I recommend him highly!!

I needed to move and replace two radiators. I contacted three plumbers who all had multiple good recommendations on the forum, one was borderline rude and another never responded. Billy Hunter replied, came round to assess and quote, gave me advice on what I needed and on prep work that had to be carried out before he could move the radiators.

He and his brother Scott did the work this week. They were professional, unfailingly polite and friendly, efficient, cleaned up once they finished and they also corrected some dodgy work carried out by other tradesmen. The radiators look great and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them and I'll definitely be using them again.

Recommended boiler and heating engineer

Posted by Nunhead Nick Today, 11:51AM

We would highly recommend Billy and his brother Scott of Hunter Heating Solitions. They recently fitted a new boiler, valves on the radiator, thermostat and radiator for us.

They were friendly, polite and professional. Work was done to high standard and (importantly) on time. They talked us through our options (as we are complete novices when it comes to home improvements) but didn't pressure us into one thing or the other).

Call them on 07986296453 or email on [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Builders & Plumber Recommendation:

Posted by Stopher80 Today, 01:18PM

Selfe Carpentry & Hunter Heating Solutions

We recently had the kitchen & bathroom in our flat completely demolished and replaced. The Builders were Tommy & Joe Selfe(07971519215), they were really good to deal with when it came to revising their scope of service to accommodate our budget, and resolving the few variations which inevitably arise with building projects.

Generally the project was complete on program excepting some minor delays ? as is almost always the case with construction ? though this was due to the subcontracts rather the Tommy & Joe.

The workmanship of the finishes is very good and the boy?s understanding eye for detail of the architectural design intent was very much appreciated.

Along with the building work, the plumbing and replacement boiler was done by Hunter Plumbing Solutions (07986296453) and as ever, the service was quality.

We have had work done by Billy in the past and he is always very obliging in explaining why things need to be installed in particular a way, and also what associated risks are likely be encountered once demolition of the existing fixtures is complete.

Billy usually requires a bit of an advanced booking but it is well worth the wait as the work is always done on time and to a high standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Billy at Hunter Heating Solutions.

We have just had an old boiler moved, changed to Combi, old tanks removed.

Billy & his apprentice Aaron were always friendly, answered the most silly of questions at any time & did a brilliant job. Totally professional in every way. Highly recommended!

• 1 month later...
Also very happy to recommend Billy at Hunter Heating. He's recently installed a new boiler and will be coming back to do radiators in a few weeks. He was reasonably priced; did what he promised to do; had some good ideas about radiator style and valves; and was very nice throughout! Our builder was also v impressed with him!

Another strong recommendation for Billy. He has just replaced a towel radiator in the bathroom. The job was done well, everything was left clean and tidy, he was friendly and helpful and his charge was reasonable.

Another recommendation for Billy - really swift response to message and came to change a radiator within 2 days - really pleasant to work with and wok high quality - explaining everything as he went along as valves purchased didn't fit with pipes etc.

Billy will definitely be the first person I'll call with any future plumbing requirements!

We recently had Billy and Scott Hunter around to fit a few additional radiators. They have installed all parts of our heating and hot water system over several phases and as previously they did a great job. Top professionals with attention to details so I can highly recommend them.

Recently used Billy to fit a new boiler at 10 Parklands SE22 0LS. He was able to fit the job in at short notice and did it all in one day. Price was reasonable and as agreed. Communication was good throughout and I would use him again as required.

Re: Plumbing recommendation

Posted by alica Today, 11:39AM

We could recommend Billy at Hunter Heating. He installed new boiler and new radiator at our place few weeks ago. Professional, reasonable and friendly. We found him via friend's recommendation and didn't regret hiring him. He is Gas safe and Checkatrade registered also.

• 1 month later...

Adding our voice to the recommendations - we recently used Hunter Heating Solutions to install a new unvented hot water system and replace the radiators throughout our house.

Billy and Scott were a pleasure to work with, friendly, professional and reliable. They advised us on the system, which we are very happy with, and went above and beyond to help when we had trouble with our builder. The work was finished to a very high standard and I think they actually left our house tidier than they found it!

Another recommendation for Billy Hunter.

Billy recently replaced our very old back boiler system with a modern combi, replacing/rerouting lots of pipework and removing tanks etc.

Excellent work, on time and on budget and good communication throughout as noted by others. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

MB

• 4 weeks later...

Posted by CraigJam August 18, 09:02AM

A recommendation here for Hunter Heating Solutions. They've just fitted our Central Heating and I really couldn't have asked for a better job. Standard was exceptional and they even went beyond the job spec, helping to troubleshoot some problems we had with the radiators. They really do come with the highest recommendation.

Craig

Hunter Heating Solutions

Billy Hunter

01883 674 875

07986 296453

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
I sung the praises of the Hunter brothers/Hunter Heating Solutions about a year ago. Billy recently returned to do some more work and I really cannot recommend him enough. Billy, I KNOW you read the forum...so thank you so much for the work that you do, your humour, your fabulous attitude, and - this time - for going above and beyond (Billy did an extra job which really wasn't within his remit at all). (tu)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both Billy and his brother Scott did excellent work for us. Scott replaced a kitchen tap and Billy services the boiler. Reliable, tidy and reasonable.

Would definitely use them again and recommend!

Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Billy replaced our boiler in December and was

> great. Very helpful, friendly and tidy. Would

> highly recommend.

Another +1 for recommending Billy and his team.

Had a new boiler fitted in the last few weeks and they did an excellent job. Completely upfront with timings and cost. Tidy, professional and all round nice guys!

Would not hesitate to use them again!

Cannot recommend Billy highly enough. We called him on Monday as discovered late on Sunday night that our heating wasn't working (isn't it always the way that it stops on the coldest days?). He arranged to come at 9am and was incredibly prompt - a text message from him at 8:55 to say he would be there in 5 minutes. He fixed our boiler, which turned out to be a relatively simple fix, and then proceeded to complete a service of the boiler, since we needed that done anyway.

Whilst he was servicing the boiler, I was chatting about the issues we were having with the shower upstairs and the water pressure - since we had the shower installed two years ago, we have not been able to run the tap or flush the downstairs toilet whilst the shower is on, as it causes the shower to lose all pressure. I asked if he might be able to quote for the work, and he indicated that we would need to know where the bathroom was isolated from. He went hunting around and found the pipes in the bathroom -- and discovered that the issue had been that the original plumber never fully turned the water to the bathroom back on! He solved a problem that has been plaguing us for almost 2 years in a matter of minutes, because he was interested in solving the problem and thorough in understanding the problem prior to providing a quote. As a result, we have saved a significant amount of money on a pump we didn't need. (We will now be taking the matter up with the original plumbing company...not impressed).

I am ecstatic with the service - it's not everyday someone saves you from spending upwards of ?900, and gives you back your heating as well!

Including their Checkatrade website here in case it's helpful: https://www.checkatrade.com/HunterHeatingSolutions/

Thank you Billy for your hard work, I am so relieved to be able to shower stress free again!

• 4 weeks later...