anyone having problems with royal mail sorting office?

sibbers1

I am in Goodrich and I have had problems too;

*mail not reaching me;

*other people's mail delivered to me (not even the same road);

*parcels being left on the doorstep in full view of passers by;

*postman not even knocking when he has a parcel, just leaving it on the door step or taking it back to the office;

* days of no mail then suddenly lots ( could be coincidental)

*opened mail.

I don't feel confident in either the reliability or security of the service!

We are having some of the same experiences as ClareC. We frequently receive 'package couldn't fit through your letterbox' cards at 8am in the morning when we have not yet left for work and no one had rung the doorbell. We have reported it to the Sylvester Road Office but who knows if they did anything with the information. We also go for several days with no mail and get letters through that have been opened - does seem a bit worrying.

lucyjessica, I don't know if the policy is the same in SE22, but in SE1 the sorting office confirmed a while back that packages are not initialy sent out for delivery, but the "you were out" cards are filled in advance and posted through regardless. It's to save time and failed attempted deliveries as well as limit the amounts that postmen/women have to carry.

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> lucyjessica, I don't know if the policy is the

> same in SE22, but in SE1 the sorting office

> confirmed a while back that packages are not

> initialy sent out for delivery, but the "you were

> out" cards are filled in advance and posted

> through regardless. It's to save time and failed

> attempted deliveries as well as limit the amounts

> that postmen/women have to carry.

This happens a LOT and really gets my back up. The number of times I have to pop over to Sylvester Road on Saturday morning, but because they either can't be bothered to ring my door bell or bring along the parcel. The ED sorting office really needs a shake-up. The postal service here has be dreadful ever since I moved to ED.

know probably shouldn't complain, but had packaged delivered and the postie must have loved our doorbell/letterbox - after not appearing 1/2 sec after he first rang the bell he kept going at them both until I appeared at the most 10 secs later (was coming down from 1st floor and slowed by cold!) glad don't have a dog or kids as they'd have been going mad at the noise!

This number is wrong peeps, poor chap who answered was very nice but had obviously had a few calls....

AcedOut Wrote:

> The direct number for the ED sorting office is 020

> 8693 1395.

>

> I can't stand non-geographic numbers.

Tatty Mum Wrote:

> I also phoned that number and got the poor guy who

> has recived loads of calls because of this post.

> PLEASE can Acedout and Jaws edit their posts to

> remove the number? I know Jaws that you said it

> was wrong in the post but the number is still

> there!

Indeed. The correct number of the ED sorting office is (020) 8299 9471 (as obtained from this forum in July http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,145281,151760#msg-151760)

I recently ordered stuff on the internet for the first (and last) time since living in my new flat in Crystal Palace Road. They were kindly delivered to me by a woman who lives in my block!! The parcels had been left for anyone to grab on our post boxes in the main corridor!!! Apparently someone ordered an Xbox with games which was also left just there for anyone to help themselves too. I think it's outrageous and will now be doing my xmas shopping with a toddler in tow on weekends around London....not good!

MummaB Wrote:

> I recently ordered stuff on the internet for the

> first (and last) time since living in my new flat

> in Crystal Palace Road. They were kindly

> delivered to me by a woman who lives in my block!!

> The parcels had been left for anyone to grab on

> our post boxes in the main corridor!!!

xxxxxx

Are you sure they were delivered by Royal Mail? I've had problems like this in the past but it was a different company who "delivered" the parcels (to my wall - and once to my bin :)) ) not Royal Mail.

This is becoming a joke!

I've had about 5 dvds from Odeondirect (aka Lovefilm) not delivered in 2 months now!

I suspect that someone in the sorting office is nicking them! - its obvious what they are as they have odeon direct dvd splashed all over the packaging

Is anyone else experienceing the same with specifically Lovefilm/odeondirect dvds?

Nothing wrong with "suspecting"! - I am not accusing!

But if enough people are experincing the same with their rental DVD deliveries then we can establish a pattern and try to get the sorting office to investigate.

Everything was working like clockwork on these dvd deliveries (for over 6months)up until 2 months ago!