All things French

wee quinnie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mon Petit Chou is great. The staff in there are

> lovely and their pastries are excellent. As is

> their coffee.

xxxxxx

Agree. And I like their panninis. I've never had a bad brunch there.

Though I'm also not sure what is French about them apart from their name :))

pinecone Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> xxxxxx's not needed -- we can tell because of the

> > prepending the previous post. "xxxxxx" looks

> like redacted obscenities.

xxxxxxx

To you, maybe.....

Glad you have so much time available to tell other people how to write their posts, how lucky are you :))

I'm not sure on what basis they can threaten legal action. I'm entitled to say I think their Croque Monsieur is an abomination as long as I have actually tried it, which I have, and made clear it's my personal opinion. The only way they could threaten legal action is if they could prove I'd never tasted it or if I'd stated it as absolute undeniable fact.

Mrs Horsebox here,

I was at the French House for lunch today and tried one of their "Tarte Flamb?e" which was delicious. Friends also ordered a tartine and a cheese platter which they were also very happy with. The staff was super nice and so was the atmosphere. Definitely one for the cheese lovers!

I think it's a great addition to the ED scene though being French I am probably biased...

Oh yes French Cafe very french. I asked for Scrambled eggs on toast and got it on an untoasted baguette. When I said could I have toast the reply ! " I am sooooo sorrry Sirrr we are french". Love the veggie breakfast though ! And the eggs benedict. And my son loves the pancakes.

• 2 weeks later...

French house is very nice.

Nice bilingual staff , good simple food. It definitly change a bit with the large choice of pizza,indian restaurants , pubs etc.

And decent prices for Lordshiplane

Best of luck to them!