All things French

Bloody pretentious French rubbish. The true French restaurant was Le Moulin, which none of you gastro experts visited on a regular basis contributing to it's closure. But now something nice, poncey and Clapham friendly has moved in its fabulous darling. Do me a quaver.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

which none of you gastro

> experts visited on a regular basis contributing to

> it's closure.

You played a leading role in putting a lot of potential new customers off visiting the place, to be fair.

I like the French House, but the decor?. Part country cottage, part industrial, part psychedelia / 60s pop. All rather muddled IMO. Should have gone for the full on 1960s look, but guess budget restricted them from changing too much. Food is good though and it has very friendly service. Hope it does well.

I'm sure Eric and Margaret would disagree with your analysis *Bob*, water under the bridge nonetheless. Once Pret arrives locally I will be smugly satisfied that a McDonalds owned French sounding eatery has arrived to rival the Clapham blow-in indies aimed at the disaffected Putneyites. Boom.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> I'm sure Eric and Margaret would disagree with

> your analysis *Bob*

I'm sure your regular dinner-for-two visits helped them out a little, for which they are no doubt eternally grateful.

Unfortunately you completely failed to see the link between you being their lead advocate on here at a time when they needed new custom - and you slagging off anyone who moved here after 2002 (ie 'potential new customers') on a daily basis.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> So what is happening on North Cross Road you

> teases.

Pop up Mediterranean tapas restaurant will be opening in the evenings at Prettys from the July 12th. Run by some rather nice French peeps.

Happy now? ;-)

cle Wrote:

> Jeremy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Surely the only thing French about Le Petit

> Chou

> > is the name..

>

>

> It is god awful. All British Rail buffet paninis

> and provincial museum sarnies. With sweet chilli

> drizzle.

> The sooner it goes bust and becomes a decent

> outlet (beautiful site) the better.

What a charmer you are. Good luck with your endeavours,too.

It was built up too much and now I'm disappointed. Thanks for the update though :-)

Jah Lush Wrote:

> rahrahrah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So what is happening on North Cross Road you

> > teases.

>

> Pop up Mediterranean tapas restaurant will be

> opening in the evenings at Prettys from the July

> 12th. Run by some rather nice French peeps.

>

> Happy now? ;-)