5 a-side football

simonc

Thanks to all that have responded to my note about setting up a 7 aside team. I promised to organise a night for a beer in Jan to meet up and discuss. How about meeting up at the EDT on Tuesday 16 January at 8pm?

Hopefully by that time I will have heard back from Champions Hill about the possibility of joining the league in early February.

If anyone else in interested in joing a 7 aside team, then you are more than welcome to come along on the 16 Jan.

Simon, i live in the area and would fancy playing seven or five a side. probably could not commit to every week due to work. let me know if you can use an occasional player.

Cheers

John

Hi.

I don't have a proper log in yet as I'm still waiting for the registration email.

I'll be popping along to the EDT on the 16th and I'm very keen to get playing regularly. I've only just seen this thread today but I've been looking for a team for the best part of a year.

Can someone wear a red carnation so I'll know who I'm looking for? If not can you let the bar staff know where you will be sitting so that any straglers can just ask and get pointed in the right direction?

See you tomorrow.

Will

I intend to wear my pink-and-blue Dulwich Hamlet home-knitted scarf tomorrow so hopefully I'll be spottable. Whether you'll want to be seen at the same table as someone with a pink-and-blue home-knitted scarf is a different matter

Tried to make it down to the EDT last week. Unfortunately, got stuck in Oxford. Would love to play more (just started playing five-a-side a couple of years ago and, like most on this thread, enthusiasm definitely outweighs skill).

Anyway, any feedback on the meeting?

Dearest Dog,

The meeting was a triumph, hats off to the powers of the forum and cpt SimonC for getting us all together!

To date, we are pretty much set for a team name, slogans and mottos are still in discussion but we have a ball, some goalie gloves and even some bibs, so pretty much done!

Do send myself or Simon a PM and the next steps to glory can be made!

Hi All, Keef said he knows some friends that play in the champion hill league. I am one of thoughs friends.

I play in the first league out of 4. There are actually league on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. With a champions league on Fridays! The champions league consists of the winners of each league from each day! The way it works is on a time rotation system. ie you play your first game say at 7pm then the week after would be 7:45 and then 45 minutes later each week up to 10pm. Then it goes back to 7pm. The season lasts for 10 weeks with 1 week break between seasons.

Each game consists of 2 20min halfs with unlimited substitutions.

Before you start in Febuary im willing to offer my services to either play or just give you tips!

I think its a great idea to start a forum team!

If you would like my help then let me know where and when to meet!

nice work guys and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Dog,

the team has been set-up and we are playing 5 aside for the next couple of weeks at Dulwich College sports centre between 8-9pm. If you are still interested in playing drop me your email address and I will let you know more details.

Cheers

Simon

• 4 years later...
Hi, I organise a 5 a side team that play in Brixton every Wednesday. We don't play in a league - just for fun so skill and fitness not essential but welcome in varying degrees. Age wise we range from 20's to 40' s. We need a couple more players - drop me a pm if interested. Seamus

• 1 year later...

seamus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi, I organise a 5 a side team that play in

> Brixton every Wednesday. We don't play in a league

> - just for fun so skill and fitness not essential

> but welcome in varying degrees. Age wise we range

> from 20's to 40' s. We need a couple more players

> - drop me a pm if interested. Seamus

Seamus is this 5-a-side team still going? I'm a very keen football fan but my team aren't doing very well