Foxtons Branch in East Dulwich will be M&S... (Lounged)

Engles

The best news of the week ! Those bstards were supposed to find us a 2 months short-let, the asked for all the money + deposit 1 week in advance. Arrived there, no keys...no rental, slept our first night with kids in shaby hotel in Chrystal Palace, they let my wife and two boys hang around for another day, until we moved in for a couple of days in the family room above (Uplands..was great by the way). Any idea how soon they ll depart ? i m still dreaming of a very cruel and painful revenge...

Etienne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The best news of the week !

Etienne, this isn't news, it is either wishful thinking, speculation or a return to a tired old theme. Unless Engles can offer substance beyond the August story, this thread should go to the lounge.

Hey ho a fair number of slightly sniffy comments. I guess you get all types in Dulwich!

___

JCTG: That news article dates from August. And Foxtons being placed into administration will be kept secret for a couple of weeks? Wishful thinking all round I think.

___

Well yes, companies don't tend to publish earlier rounds of administration - there's not much in it for them. As mentioned they will have to make a statement in the next few weeks.

___

BJL: Perhaps you should visit LL, Engles. You'll see betting shops, off-licences, estate agents (not just Foxton's), supermarkets, cafes, chemists, clothes shops and undertakers - all chains...

___

Well maybe I should have mentioned that I actually have have ventured over a few times! In person! Here's the kind of thing I was referring to - OK not a definitive source but consistent with my understanding anyway:

"Well for a start the council has adopted the side of the local businesses and is intent on keeping the area run by independent retailers as. This means one off clothing and furniture boutiques, cafes, organic fishmongers and butchers have sprung up all over the area with little l threat of competition from larger, conglomerate retailers. The council is pursuing this so much in fact the chain coffee house Caf? Nero is not having its license renewed for that very reason."

http://alrightlondon.com/v1/living7.html

You'll see it's a policy not the law and yes I had noticed the odd chain. However I was always amazed that Foxton's were allowed to move in in quite that style.

___

As for being lounged - what fun... that's not happened to me before. Watch out for the news everyone - cheers - Engles

Engles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well yes, companies don't tend to publish earlier

> rounds of administration - there's not much in it

> for them. As mentioned they will have to make a

> statement in the next few weeks.

>

I think we may be using the term 'administration' in different ways - as soon as a company is subject to an administration order, there is a legal requirement to notify the Court (if the out of court route has been used), creditors and other interested parties - it's not a question of what's in it for them. If you mean there's an restructuring going on, then there's no requirement to notify anyone unless and until a consensual reorganisation is achieved.

Engles, apart from being unable to spell or structure sentences correctly, those Alright London peeps show no evidence of knowing their arse from their elbow.

The council observation is unaccredited, and I suspect that Ryan Slade just made it up because he thought it looked like it could right. I doubt he's spoken to anyone at the council.

I'm not aware of his supposition that Cafe Nero had its license revoked - anyone else confirm this?

There'll be plenty of locals upset!