georgia

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Oh and Gen, sorry that both me and missus Mockney

> badgered you about your dopplegangerness!! (the

> one on the left)

>

Actually that's great to know. Is she available for hire the next time I am double-booked? Could also be a reciprocal thing...

Right, now, better get on with organising that sabre duel (in custard. Wearing nappies!?) on Peckham Rye between Carnell and BN5 that the artist formerly know as Chav was so keen on....

Fleeting memories of this...

d_c, whatever the point of honour was that this was intended to resolve, i'm happy to let it go if you are ;-)

...finally a bit of peace and quiet after a freezing day in the West End with the quidlets (why? Ask her indoors...I haven't got a clue).

Had a really great night - although I arrived quite late I couldn't believe it when it was suddely 1.15. Thankfully managed (just) the discipline to leave then in time for a bus and the temptations of backrooms in kebabshops etc. This proved an especially good move as although it was my morning off, 10p, the youngest of our clan, was making merry hell at 5am so by 8am my missus retired and I had to takeover.

To no great surprise everyone was extremley friendly, so anyone whose nervous (er, not me admittedly)about going to a EDF drinks in the future don't be.

I'm sure I'll miss out someone who I had a great chat with but apologies if so...mentions to

David C - saying hello early

Indie - agreeing on Blur

Mockney - the angst of being a Hammer

Bob - warm welcome, thank you

Tilly - kids

Chav AKA ? - nearly a gambling debate

The Anna's- Hugh Grant

and of course, Sean (and missus)...as I said once before, our hearts are in the same place we just have different ways of getting there (sometimes)

Love Quids

PS Keef are you the tall bloke?

PPS Who were th 3 irish girls, one who kept apoloigising for her extremley pissed looking for an argument mate...they were hilarious (but random crashers I think)?

Annasfield Wrote:

> I have discovered that commencing boozing at 5,

> drinking copious amounts of JD, followed by

> Hoegaarden, followed by cider, followed by more JD

> then more cider ain't a great idea when you have

> spend 2 hours on a train the next day. :-S

>

> Nice to see everyone and meet the first timers.

Sounds like you should have had a lie in and missed the match by all accounts!

>

> However, I now have "the fear".

???? Wrote:

> Indie - agreeing on Blur

Nice to meet you too - always good to meet someone with good taste in music.... or perhaps more accurately / less arrogantly, similar taste to me ;-)

Was a good night all round for meeting people I hadn't met before - which is not to say wasn't also good to see the more familiar faces.

I'll probably risk missing someone out given how inebriated I was by the end, but good to finally meet Keef, very funny to discover he has probably spent more time in my flat than I have - although not while I have been the tenant (that would have been spooky not funny!).

MrBen also comforted me by telling me about the two shootings our local area... though other that he seemed like a top bloke. Also nice to meet Mr and Mrs bignumber5 who saw me almost to my front door and saved me walking round the long way, Matthew123 Kells and Sarah, and last but not least Miles.

Oh, and Anthony, apologies for being convinced you were called Jeremy... my defense that I had at least remembered you had a Y on the end of your name was lame indeed :-$

All in all, best night out in ages - my favourite drinks so far, and they've all been good.

had such a wicked night, absolutely loved that pub so much, will definitely be back there.. everyone was on form and so friendly.. drinks were flowing, space was great (thanks Georgia for booking it).. thanks so everyone who sang happy birthday to Jaws she absolutely loved it.. we stumbled out at about 2 minutes to 12 (and when I say stumble i mean it), had a very amusing stop at the kebab shop on the lane on the way home and a lovely hangover the next day!!

cant wait til the next one.. I will be on my own for that one at Jaws will be sunning herself in South Africa! x

A quick thanks to Ladygooner for looking after me, and to everyone I chatted too. It was a good night.

Having spoken to my friends there are 4 or more that want to come to the next one, a couple are board members already and I think the others may join.

I've been away this weekend, hence me not being on the thread.

To everyone who has asked, yes, there were some pretty ladies present.

Mockeny Piers, dont worry fella it wasnt you, I quite enjoyed out chat, looking forward to carrying it on sometime soon.

Mr Ben was quite right that the night wasnt one bit cliquey, a very friendly and inviting crowd.

A really nice mixture of regulars and new faces, plus the terrific venue made for a perfect upbeat start to the New Year. Had a lovely time and only sorry not to have got round to talk to more people. I only got to say hello to most people as I said my goodbyes on my way out

Well done to all those first timers brave enough to venture up the spiral staircase. Get the impression people were not disappointed that they had.

Real shame I had to cut early, although after the walk home, and the customary Pot Noodle and cooking sherry nightcap, I didn't get to bed til 1.30 - and then, and feel free to offer all the sympathy you can muster, my youngest was up at 3.30! and wasn't going back to sleep! (are you listening Keef) Mrs Citizen was working, so it fell to me to be on duty. Nice.

Anyway happy New Year to all and roll on February drinks at........The Clock?